liamnmrs

Just to say Hi

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to introduce myself and my family. My husband and I have two boys aged 5 and 6. Our eldest has asd, spd, learning difficulties and speech problems.

After waiting four years for a dx we have gone through so many mixed emotions. I have found this site such a source of information and comfort to realise we are not on our own as on dx from camhs we were sent home with book and a head full of questions. Have only just plucked up the courage to register as not very techie.

School have applied for a statement but still find L's condition difficult to understand and come out with comments such as "he may grow out if". which is just so frustrating. They have just received some training on autism so hopefully things will improve there.

Any way just wanted to say Hi and look forward to sharing experiences with you all.

Hi there,

So glad you plucked up courage to register, I just know you will find this place helpful and supportive.

Welcome !

Clare :)

Hi, and welcome to the forum. :) Look forward to talking to you here

Make yourself at home, and if you need to know how anything works, please don't hesitate to ask - someone will always be along to help.

K x

Hi and welcome, about the schools comment of well he might grow out of it, how long do they want to wait, when he is 15 or 16 and the LEA can say oh well he didnt grow out if, its ashame we didnt do something to support him when he was younger!!!!arrggghhhh why do they say such things,

Im sure we can help you with more support with the educational system, so glad you joined the forum.

JsMum

xxxxxx

Thanks everyone.

Saw a different speech therapist yesterday who thinks by the time we have the statement l's needs will have been left for to long. She has offered to go into school and explain the impact that school has on his behaviour/stress levels at home. She will get them to look at the daily communication book and explain how to use 'more effective communication' in it, as well as explaining visual time tables etc.

So hopfefully things may start moving in the right direction now. At least there will be finally some one in school who may understand.

>:D<<'>

Thanks everyone.

Saw a different speech therapist yesterday who thinks by the time we have the statement l's needs will have been left for to long. She has offered to go into school and explain the impact that school has on his behaviour/stress levels at home. She will get them to look at the daily communication book and explain how to use 'more effective communication' in it, as well as explaining visual time tables etc.

So hopfefully things may start moving in the right direction now. At least there will be finally some one in school who may understand.

>:D<<'>

Could you get her to put it in writing what she wants the school to do and her comment that his needs will increase if no urgent support is in place, I really do hope she does what she has said, but Ive learnt in the past that what some proffessionals say to our faces, isnt always inturpritated to teachers in the same desperate way.

So if you can get her to back it up in writing this would really help towards a emergency assessment of Special Educational Needs.

Ensure that her recommendations are written into his Educational Plan dated and singed.

JsMumxxxx

Could you get her to put it in writing what she wants the school to do and her comment that his needs will increase if no urgent support is in place, I really do hope she does what she has said, but Ive learnt in the past that what some proffessionals say to our faces, isnt always inturpritated to teachers in the same desperate way.

So if you can get her to back it up in writing this would really help towards a emergency assessment of Special Educational Needs.

Ensure that her recommendations are written into his Educational Plan dated and singed.

JsMumxxxx

Thanks jsmum i will check that with her. At the moment I feel like I am fumbling around in the dark. What you say is so true, have been promised so much over the last three years and yet it never happens, we just seem to be banging the same drums all the time.

Thanks jsmum i will check that with her. At the moment I feel like I am fumbling around in the dark. What you say is so true, have been promised so much over the last three years and yet it never happens, we just seem to be banging the same drums all the time.

I understand been there too, so I ensure everything is in writing to show as evidence when they dont deliver, so do understand the banging the same drums, though I dont do it for long now Ive experienced the system.

JsMum

xxxxx