Sign in to follow this  
lisac

List of education/learning establishments

Does anyone know of anywhere that holds a list of educational establishments that lists tried and tested schools and adult learning for children/adults with moderate to severe asd in the Uk? A number of parents have asked me, and it is usually word of mouth that things are found out. Any suggestions would be very welcome.

Go onto the National Autistic Website and go into their resources link. It used to be called PARIS and it listed all kinds of services, including schools. They don't have all of them in any particular area. But when you have found one, if you phone them up, they can tell you the other schools which fall under that LEA.

Private/independent schools are listed elsewhere.

There is no one list, but the Gabbitas book is the best (should be available in your local library).

Have a look at:

www.oaasis.co.uk

"Finding a special needs school" sheet has some suggestions.

Gabbitas also have an online search facility which you can access via the front page:

http://www.gabbitas.co.uk/

Go to Online search on the left and under "school type" select Independent Special Needs School or Ccollege.

The NAS used to produce a book listing their own schools: I don't know if they still do as I got my copy 4 years ago. You can probably find the information on their website anyway.

K x

Edited by Kathryn