Clarypuff

CAMHS complaints

Can anyone tell me who to complain to about CAMHS? Is it county council, PCT? I've looked but can't find! Am completely sick of being fobbed off when all I want is some support for my son. Already got them running scared cos I went to MP, ha ha. More pressure needed, squeaky wheel gets the oil...

Contact the NAS helplines. Probably the Educational Helpline would be best suited. Or they also have an email service.

The Parent Partnership should also be able to help.

Does your child have a diagnosis and a Statement?

He was diagnosed in 07 but never statemented, running out of time as he will be 15 next month, I heard statement can take up to a year Wish I had known sooner, prob wouldn't have got to the hellish stage it has. Googling PALS now...

O my god I could have written this thread as im also sick of them and want to complain and see someone else.

i have been through this too and complained to camhs i rang camhs dept and asked who i needed to put a complaint in2

and wrote the complaint then had a meeting about my complaint, and everything was rushed through the phsychiatrist who didnt hav any apointment slots became available in the next 2 weeks of the complaint he was then diagnosed with autism at this meeting

we had been goin rwnd AND rwnd in circles for yrs,, and wud do the same again if im not happy with the service they r providing me i had a long apology letter fromt he camhs dept about the lack of support we had received ......

so go for it if yer need any help im willing to try to help if i can

love donnaxxxxx pm me anytime ive been there and done it goodlukxxxx

Can anyone tell me who to complain to about CAMHS? Is it county council, PCT? I've looked but can't find! Am completely sick of being fobbed off when all I want is some support for my son. Already got them running scared cos I went to MP, ha ha. More pressure needed, squeaky wheel gets the oil...

Hi.I thought I would check having read your later post.Is the complaint about education provision or about not getting a Statement ?

If it is then CAMHS may well only deal with it in regard to the bits they can do something about.

Statements and educational provision are the responsiblity of the local authority [Children's services] and/ or the school.So you could complain to the school or the local authority or both.CAMHS cannot issue a Statement or even assess for one because they do not have the authority to do so.They can only request that the LA conduct an assessment and actively encourage the LA to take action.

It might be worth finding out about the LA and school complaints procedure and taking that route also.The LA should have a procedure if you request a copy.When I made a complaint last year the LA would only investigate once the complaint had been investigated and responded to by the HT and then the Chair Of Governors they have a set procedure and timescales.

Basicaly if the complaint is about diagnosis then it is likely be an NHS matter,if it is about educational provision it is more likely to be a LA matter.

That does not prevent you complaining to CAMHS too because it won't do any harm to wake them up. :) Karen.

i have AS yes CAMHS of dx with it and for that im grateful i don't feel they helped me much at all! i also have MH probs which feel stayed the same or got worse! never been 'right' and i know they can't completely 'fix' 'everything' for me in my life the problems i have there! CAMHS was let down and disappointment in my own personal experience and i don't feel treated with 'equal respect and dignity' i don't feel the NHS service has enough resources or time anyways and so pushed to limit by newish people get official diagnosis i swear they see it in their eyes as 'blocking' and 'faking' the systems service as much as possible!

what has helped me more is NAS now just waiting for different assessments to go through system ther that takes time to and money etc but do feel better for local transition and liason team at hosp she very helpful kind caring etc i could go on and on with her she fantastic she listens etc i feel benefit more from there but that only short term basis then passed on to NAS team!

i do feel angry hurt upset keep thinking it personal attack which another AS thing i have been told but hard to accept it life reality and move on when happens so many times in past events! professionals said they'd do something for me with me then break promises they can't keep that breaks me down i can't cope i get frustrated irratated etc over why this allowed to happen in silence and 'hidden' difficulties behind 'closed doors' when everyones got life story tell 'screams' at you we need help and support too much to ask from government know they struggling 'sinking' at the moment way the world is! but before that think back!

i don't feel CAMHS listened and understood me and my life /problems and i was with them for 5 years didn't feel i had a 'proper voice' within my care (if can call it thaT) i will never forgive CAMHS when i needed them at 'crisis' time i did all work and effort myself basically! with my parents why they insulted just with long list of others that had supposed to help and support me along the waY! all goes wrong they blame someone else or another service/professional!

P.S sorry if i;ve offend or upset anyone else with my STRONG opnions! didnt mean too if i do! but i have to express it somehow im now with adult MH team same thing as CAMHS in my eyes don't see often fob you off get you angry upset etc feel rubbish going there like worth nothing to no-one! makes me mad!

KLX

Hey, sorry haven't been here for a while, slight breakdown/overdose episode. Still not much better but struggling on. CAMHS complaint is going thru now, feel they have done nothing for my ds since dx, he feels that way too sadly. His school (mainstream) is the only place we get any support, they have been fantastic since dx, can't do enough for us. Unfortunately they don't have the authority to get support for us at home, hence problems with SS (ongoing complaint, now closed case and left us with no support at all) and CAMHS. I'm sick (literally some might say) of having to prove myself as a parent, I don't claim to be perfect but sometimes it seems they use it as an easy excuse when they don't know what to do. I don't drink, do drugs, break the law, abuse/neglect my kids but we are struggling. SS do nothing even when contacted by school, hospital, police, MP. I don't have the fight left in me. All I wanted was an appointment with a psych to get some behaviour management advice (for ds and me) and one night of respite a month so I could have a bit of a life.