Sign in to follow this  
baddad

blummin weatherman

For three days he's been telling me it's going to be filthy, effectively scuppering plans for early starts and days out at the coast etc... then every day has been fine :wallbash:

Hasn't been a complete write off -

On Monday went to the country park and had a lovely walk around the reservoir and raced through the woods with #1 son and his best mate, and dscivered that despite advancing years i can still climb trees better than either of them :thumbs: (2 years ago i could still get up the greasy pole at Drusillas... it sparked a series of copycat attempts from much younger/fitter looking dads but they all fell by the wayside ;)... Not been back since, if you're wondering!)...

Also saw a two year old girl have the BEST tantrum I've seen in years! If they gave out Bafta's for tantrums she'd win... she found a puddle and took off her shoes so she could paddle just in tights. then she didn't want to put shoes back on, so her mum said 'shoes or buggy'... despite a complicated system of straps she wiggled out in seconds, then lay face down in the mud blowing bubbles... then she banged her head against the buggy wheels for a few minutes before doing a sort of backward wiggle/crawl to reverse back through the puddle. She was WONDERFUL :wub:...

So that was Monday, and yesterday I got all my garden sorted out while Ben trampolined...

Today we went for a long walk into town and back, stopping off at park etc...

So... Hope you're all enjoying sunny afternoons, and let's hope we see some all day sunshine soon.

As for weathermen - bah, humbug :shame:

L&P

BD :D

2 years ago i could still get up the greasy pole at Drusillas... it sparked a series of copycat attempts from much younger/fitter looking dads but they all fell by the wayside ;)...

:lol:

:notworthy:

Boho :D

Trusting the weatherman - you really must learn to be more assertive and decisive BD. ;)

Anyone know the forecast for this weekend? We're going to stay with th inlaws. Hoping for some nice walks in the country - not much fun in lashing rain.

K x