MrA

Hello. I'm new here.

Hope I am in the right place.

Hi, I am a 38 yr old separated dad of a 9 year old daughter (who i have every weekend) who the school THINKS may have an element of Asbergers and I'd like to hear from anyone who can offer advice etc....

The school thinks she may have asbergers as she finds it very hard to make friends, her communication skills are not very good, she has a narrow band of interests and spends endless amounts of time on one small thing. They have "assessed" her and we will find out what the assessor thought when the schools go back next week.

Thanks.

Hi MrA

Welcome. I am also new around here. We are in a very similar position in that I am also due to find out if my son, now 17, will be officially diagnosed as having AS.

There are a lot of people around here with a lot of experience, everyone seems really helpful and supportive and I'm sure someone will be along soon.

Good luck.

Hi MrA Welcome to the Forum.

I smile every time I see your name as I am KarenA.I pressume you are not my husband as we have a son with AS and no daughters. :lol:

Yes you are in the right place.They also put up with me for three years and I was a moderator here at one time before Ben eventually obtained a dx a few months ago.So don't worry a dx ASD is not compulsory.Wondering about it and wanting to meet other like minded individuals will do. :)

There are lots of great people here.Do feel free to read around the Forums and don't be frightened to ask questions.Karen.