szxmum

Small Steps

Just wanted to share a couple of positives for Friday night...

Was talking to dd (13) today about big brother and AS. Had same discussion about a year ago - we had lots of tears to the tune of "I don't want my brother to have this geeky condition" :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: Well, what a difference a year makes. She was so mature, caring, intuitive and protective >:D<<'> Felt sooo proud of her :D

Well part of the discussion with dd centred around fashion sense or more accurately ds lack of it. Ds wears clothes that are varying shades of blue and comfortable - usually trackie bottoms, t-shirts and hoodies - nothing else ;) . Well to 13 yr old dd this is just not on. Last year (before we started down the AS road) we had bought ds some jeans and a fashionable white, patterned hoodie - needless to say they have remained in the wardrobe. So dd decided today was the day that ds was to try them on...

Well, bless his heart, ds went along with it and let her fashion him :lol:

Picture the scene - old comfortable navy t-shirt; uber-smart white hoodie and very smart but obviously rough and uncomfortable new jeans. Dd looks as pleased as punch and disappears into her bedroom congratulating herself :clap: Ds squirms around the kitchen for all of 30 seconds then disappears up into his room....

Appears again minus the sweatshirt and jeans :lol: with not one but two :lol: pairs of pyjama bottoms on - blue pair hanging out the bottom of navy blue pair on top :lol: :lol: :lol: If dd had seen him she would have had a fit :D

I ask ds, why the pj bottoms - his answer "they are comfortable"; why two pairs "because I was cold" :lol:

Small steps for me today as well as dd - a year ago I would have been stressing out - why was he behaving this way? what was the matter with him? was this a sign of MI? Today I just thought fair enough - it makes perfect sense. Just as long as he doesn't want to wear two pairs of pjs down the street :lol:

Enjoy your Friday night everyone :wine:

Awwwwww :wub:

He may eventually appreciate his sister's fashion sense when he becomes more self-aware. JP relies on S to tell him what looks ok, he's never going to look uber-cool but so long as he blends in with the crowd we don't care :thumbs:

Ooh, this strikes a chord! My eldest puts together some of the oddest combos of clothes, and went through a stage a while back of insisting on wearing a smart shirt with tracky bottoms!! :wacko:

He's now infatuated with wearing a rather stylish faux leather jacket everywhere we go, because it looks like the one his uncle wears. Problem is, it's not up to withstanding much of our marvellous Scottish weather, and today he wore it on our trip to Deep Sea World......we ventured outside to visit the seal sanctuary, and as the centre is situated right near the Forth Road Bridge, there wasn't so much a stiff breeze as a gentle gale buffeting us as we strolled sealwards.

I turned to point something out to the boys, and Lije was quite comfortable in his winter jacket. Cal, however, could have joined in the Tattoo with the rythmic chattering of his teeth, and his extremities were turning a fetching shade of blue.

'See?' I said, never one to sidestep an I-told-you-so moment (heheh!) 'That jacket isn't warm enough, is it? You should have worn your other jaket.'

'It's not the jacket!' he shivered, indignantly, 'It's the world that's not warm enough!'

:P

Well, what can you say to that?

My NT son also made it his mission to make both his AS brothers dress more "cool". He has had some success with his Twin (when he got to about 14), but only minor success with T (he has persuaded him to wear his T-shirt not tucked in though).