Sign in to follow this  
BuntyB

Strong swings?

The children have certainly got a lot of pleasure from the trampoline! I am now trying to find a very sturdy swing that will take an adult size teenager if anyone has any suggestions, or any other fairly compact play equipment that will burn off some energy and stand up to rough play. Most outdoor play stuff only goes to age 10 or 12 at the most.

Hi Shona,

I was looking at swings the other day, and this company does an really good selection. Look under 'sensory motor' on the left hand menu. They're designed for used by therapists working with people with special needs, so they go up to adult size. They're American, though. I didn't get so far as finding anything in the UK.

Hope this helps.

http://www.especialneeds.com

Sooner or later I will be sorting a swing out for my son. I will be making the frame out of 3x3 fence posts, made into two A frames with cross pieces and use some strong rope for the swing probably with a car tyre of something similar for the seat.