Sign in to follow this  
TheNeil

What's On TV?

OK, I've landed a rare day off due to being genuinely ill (probably black death going by the feel of it :sick:) and I'm having to endure daytime TV. I could really do with some advice/help from the experts as I have no idea what the hell is going on:

• Is Loose Women a soap opera about a 'red light district'?
  • Where has Neighbours gone (just so that I don't accidentally stumble across it and have to stab my own eyes out)?
  • How much car/home insurance does a person need?
  • Does David Dickinson still leer at women?
  • How does Cash In The Attic work - does it have anything to finding loose change in the loft?
  • Is Crown Court still on?
  • Will Frank Windsor and/or June Whitfield try to sell me a funeral plan?
  • Where is Bargain Hunt (and has anyone ever made a profit)?
  • Is the Jeremy Kyle Show just an hour of him shouting at people?
  • How much of a 'makeover' can happen in 60 minutes?
  • Does John Stalker still advertise sun blinds? Is his dog's paw still made of polyester?

I had a real chuckle to myself Neil as i read your post :thumbs:

As i am at home in the daytime i don't watch TV at all i find it all boring and nonsence i seem to get more sence from my animals :lol:

Emma

OK, I've landed a rare day off due to being genuinely ill (probably black death going by the feel of it :sick:) and I'm having to endure daytime TV. I could really do with some advice/help from the experts as I have no idea what the hell is going on:

• Is Loose Women a soap opera about a 'red light district'?
  • Where has Neighbours gone (just so that I don't accidentally stumble across it and have to stab my own eyes out)?
  • How much car/home insurance does a person need?
  • Does David Dickinson still leer at women?
  • How does Cash In The Attic work - does it have anything to finding loose change in the loft?
  • Is Crown Court still on?
  • Will Frank Windsor and/or June Whitfield try to sell me a funeral plan?
  • Where is Bargain Hunt (and has anyone ever made a profit)?
  • Is the Jeremy Kyle Show just an hour of him shouting at people?
  • How much of a 'makeover' can happen in 60 minutes?
  • Does John Stalker still advertise sun blinds? Is his dog's paw still made of polyester?

:lol: :lol: I needed that - thank you :thumbs:

Back in the days when we were kids, the BBC and ITV used to fill up their daytime schedules with educational programmes for schools. I used to record them and my parents would regularly have a go at me in the morning whenever I was setting the timer on the video (that required a PhD in computer programming to succeed) by saying I would be late for school. On returning home from school I had a videotape of programmes to watch...

Back in the days when we were kids, the BBC and ITV used to fill up their daytime schedules with educational programmes for schools. I used to record them and my parents would regularly have a go at me in the morning whenever I was setting the timer on the video (that required a PhD in computer programming to succeed) by saying I would be late for school. On returning home from school I had a videotape of programmes to watch...

Amazingly they're still there :o (albeit on Channel 4 and BBC 2 now as far as I can tell). Too many years of having to watch people convince me that science is 'fun' (it already is fun - I don't need convincing of that :shame:) and watching how people used to live in ye olden days ('olden days' which seemed scarily similar to the North East even then :devil:) meant that I gave them a miss yesterday.

Even scarier is that I don't have a video any more :blink:

Oh and if anyone is hankering for those long lost days of old, try watching series one of Look Around You - now that's what educational programs were all about ;)

Amazingly they're still there :o (albeit on Channel 4 and BBC 2 now as far as I can tell).

School programmes moved from ITV to Channel 4 back in September 1987. Amazingly they were still called ITV schools. For some reason or other the Birmingham accent that characterised (too?) many ITV schools programmes was rarely encountered after the channel change.

Too many years of having to watch people convince me that science is 'fun' (it already is fun - I don't need convincing of that :shame:)

Glitzy patronising science programmes really get on my nerves.

and watching how people used to live in ye olden days ('olden days' which seemed scarily similar to the North East even then :devil:) meant that I gave them a miss yesterday.

That's because most were filmed north of Uttoxeter.