Sign in to follow this  
Loop

Hello :)

Hi. Not sure if I'm in the right place here. I'm an adult diagnosed with AS and am looking for a relevant online community to get involved in. My first impressions of this site is that it's geared more towards parents with AS and ASD children. Is that right?

Hi. Not sure if I'm in the right place here. I'm an adult diagnosed with AS and am looking for a relevant online community to get involved in. My first impressions of this site is that it's geared more towards parents with AS and ASD children. Is that right?

There are some adults with AS around on here, the numbers are going up :thumbs:

Hi Loop,

Im an adult with AS and have been looking for an AS chatroom for people from Ireland/Uk but not found one with any real degree of usage. This site seems friendly enough but have no idea about AS/NT ratio. Hope you get something from it.

Gaijin.

Hi Loop and gaijin,

Not sure of numbers, but there are quite a few adults with AS around, some of whom are also parents of children with AS/ASD. Welcome one and all. >:D<<'>

~ Mel ~

Hi Loop, and welcome to the forum.

I think most members here are parents of AS/ASD children, but some of them have AS themselves as well. There are several members who are adults with AS without children - I am one of them.

Welcome :) There does seem to be a lot of boards/forums around for parents of children with ASDs, but I'd say you're in the right place as there's both adults and children with ASD's here. I'm 18, suspected Aspergers (I don't like saying I'm an adult :lol:) with a 7 year old brother diagnosed with Aspergers and I find everyone here very helpful and there's lots of great info for the both of us.

Edited by Thompsons

Welcome to the forum :)

I'm another adult with a dx of AS, and a parent too.

I think we've got the balance just about right on this forum between parents and those with a dx of AS...mutual support and respect :thumbs:

Have a mooch round!

Bid :)

Welcome Loop, :)

I think most of the time parents of children with AS and adults with AS coexist happily here. The Beyond Adolescence board was set up for people wishing to discuss adult issues specifically , that's where you'll probably find many topics of interest to you. Feel free to start your own.

Happy browsing!

K x

Thanks guys. I'll lurk around a bit and see if i can fit in someplace. :)

Hi and welcome to the Forum Loop.

:)

Feel free to lurk and see where you fit in.

If you find a special place do let me know I am still putting my pennyworth in here,there and everywhere. :P;):lol: Karen.