Sign in to follow this  
Tempus

Assessment on Friday

It's come up so fast now; it's on Friday afternoon. I'm nervous as hell; if this goes wrong and he says for some reason that I'm not autistic then the (very helpful) things that my Uni has suggested such as use of a computer in exams, rooms for lectures/exams/tutorials that don't have flourescent lighting etc. may not actually happen -- they might I suppose, but I'd rather not have to purely rely on their goodwill if I don't get an official diagnosis.

Dunno what to do really; I've written out some notes (well, 3000 words of notes anyway :rolleyes: ) for myself to take with me to the assessment so I don't forget anything that I need to say, which have been horrible to write as they've made me think about the negative aspect of it a lot more.

I just haven't a clue what I'll do if he doesn't support what my family have thought for years now...

Hi Tempus,

I am quite new to this whole subject really, so have no experience to draw on, but i read your post and wanted to wish you luck for your assessment. I have been rapidly learning that assessment and diagnosis can be a long hard road, you must have worked hard to get this far. There are some lovely people on this forum who i am sure will offer support to you whatever the outcome. I will be thinking of you on Friday. Good luck.

X

Hi Tempus,

I am quite new to this whole subject really, so have no experience to draw on, but i read your post and wanted to wish you luck for your assessment. I have been rapidly learning that assessment and diagnosis can be a long hard road, you must have worked hard to get this far. There are some lovely people on this forum who i am sure will offer support to you whatever the outcome. I will be thinking of you on Friday. Good luck.

X

Thanks for the well-wishes dee. The appointment went well (was stressful as hell though), and I now finally after 6 years have an official diagnosis. :thumbs: