Sign in to follow this  
cactuslove

asd groups in gateshead

Just wondering if there are any groups relating to asd in the gateshead area. Our daughter has recently been diagnosed at age 15 and not getting much help at hospital so think meeting with people who understand what we are going through and can give us some practical advice would be good for everyone. Looking for either something for parents,siblings of teens with asd or even a group for our daughter to attend.

Thanks

Hello

Im in Newcastle but have found asd support groups in Gateshead when i was looking online for one in Newcastle! I have done a quick search but cant seem to find it now. Im sure there are some members on here from Gatehead who should hopefully be able to point in the right direction though. Have you tried the National Autistic Society? Also if you ring Gatehead Council they should have information about SEN support groups ect. Also this site was invaluble to me when my son was fist diagnosed so any questions you have or even just chatting you will be made to feel very welcome >:D<<'>

Sorry i cant help more

Brooke