Sign in to follow this  
Teresa

Not so good day

Went to ophtalmic services at the Hospital today with T, was reffered there after having her routine eye test, optician thought she had centro-cecal pigmentation in her left eye, not the case. Now being reffered to the Eye Hospital in the city, will have to wait and see what the outcome is going to be, I just hope it will be ok. On a good note they are sending her to a different part of this Hospital to get some contact lenses, that are right for her high stength perscription ,also they will be available on the nhs.

Just needed to get that off my chest, hope i have posted in the right place.

Teresa

Update.

At the moment i'm fighting for payment of the contact lenses, from the hospital the person that reffered her as since retired, and the optician that he reffered her to is not sure what to do as she has never had to approach a hospital for payment before. And to top of the day off, her glasses that she had on a BOGOF, the one pair are usless and they are surpose to be the same perscription, have taken them back twice already and they said they changed the lenses but have come back the same, phoned them today to tell them that they are causing eye strain and headaches and making her vision blured and they told me to take her to the doctor's, at this remark i laughed and asked them what i should tell her doctor, as it wasn't the doctor who perscribe them. I really don't get it, one pair is fine all that's different are the frames, going back on thursday for round three ding ding.

Anyone else had this problem when buying two pairs of glasses with the same perscription?

Teresa

Hi Teresa,

A few years ago when my daughter first started to wear glasses she had a prescription and within 1 week she couldn't see - too her back and they re-sat her eye examination and said there was nothing wrong with the glasses and to see a doctor. My daughter freaked out over this as she took the optician to be saying she was lying (Sp*cS*vers) - I didn't know what to do as was sure the doctor wouldn't be able to help so took her to another optician just to have an eye test and check the prescription - I had to pay for the eye test but it came back a massive difference from 1.25 to 2.75. Do you have another optician who could just check the lenses for you - I'm not sure if they'd charge though.

Good luck with the contact lenses.

Take care,

Jb

My daughter has just bought two pairs of glasses as she broke her only pair last week. She's going back for the second one so we'll see what happens!

I'm not sure what your rights are - most opticians give you 30 days to see if you're OK with new glasses but if they're not right I would have thought you're entitled to a refund.

Good luck

K x

We went back to the optician today they are now going to give her new frames which are the same as the first pair she had, but in a different colour, as the frame is the only difference between them. Watch this space as they say.

Teresa :)