dekaspace

I get premonitions and can mood can be affected by the weather, thoughts?

I just thought I would add this here since it may be something to do with my aspergers.

I am very tuned in to things like the weather, even if I wake up and feel like I havent slept I know its raining outside, likewise if its raining then brightens up I suddenly feel more normal, I also feel the heat very easily people assume its because I am currently fat but even when I was thin and underweight people would tell me they are freezing and I would be mildly sweating and people would tell me I stank even if only just out of the shower.

As for the premonitions I generally mean personal incidents like I would dream I was a certain height and weight, waering certain clothes, walking a certain street(of a town where I have never been before often on other end of country) and a certain car of a certain colour would pass and I would be standing on a certain street corner at a certain angle etc.

EVERY ONE came true even as much as say 15 years later(maybe more) but as I lost my innocence due to depression etc every year since I was 15 I have had less and less of them to the point now I have none.

Looking back a lot wouldnt of made sense so I dismissed them, my most recent flashback to a premoniton was tonight and as I say it would of made no sense a s a kid, a small widescreen tv(I didnt know they existed till I was around 18), a dvd recorder(recent technology), a Gamecube, dvds and me in a small room where it has a pc with a flat screen and 2 doors instead of 1 for an exit.

Why do I get these sort of premonitions or glimpses of the future?

:rolleyes: Hi, I have those a lot. of beeing here and now and knowing you seen it before. or experienced the same feeling situation. My kids have more then that for a long time, and they are ony 6 and 7 say they go all over when they sleep and can discripe details. One of them when he was 2 and a half called me one morgning as kids do to wake parents up. And as I was waking up he said 'I can see two mums. Oh! the other one just disapeared'.

Not long ago I told, my three boys, they need two mums one is not enough. The seven year old said: You are two mums remember when I was very small I saw two of you. I told him to explain what it was and he said it was me same clothes, same hair same face, and as I woke up the other one disapeared. Now, what do you make of this?!!!

I told the doc he rmembers things when 2, she loooked at me in a funny way. I did not even mention this she would thing , I am total lunny.

There is a lot of things that others can precive more then many people. Is just the majority don't have this abilities, so live in disbelive. One day possibly scientists will be able to prove this. Science always prevails, I don't know if this is a good or a bad thing.

I used to have dreams that came true as well. To answer you question is it with AS peopole. Possibly due to brain beein wired differently and therefore have different preceptions. But can not obviously say for sure. I do not think has been researched. As I am thinking to go back to university that could be a good research issue. All readind this don't take my idea. Only joking :rolleyes:

All the best :thumbs:

Well I have heard an explanation that when we get that "Been here before feeling" it is due to a sort circuit in the brain which feed the present direct into memory so we think we can remember something as it is happening now. This as far as I now has nothing to do with ASD.

I have had this myself and know that it cannot be true.

Unless you record these "premonitions" at the time you have no way of knowing if the are a true or false memory.

It is said that we cannot remember anything that happened to us before the age of about 3, something to do with our brain development. This is why any memories of much before that are looked on with skepticism.

I would like to say that I have an open mind about this but the cynic in me is to strong.

Yes the weather affects our mood, to do with air pressure, light level and of course temperature.

Edited by chris54

Hi

I don't have any ASD but had these premonitions a lot when I was younger, and like you they have tailed off as I've gotten older. Only very occasionally now. Again, nothing exciting - I would just know what was going to be said, who was going to walk in or out, what everyone was wearing etc etc. And could never 'change' what was happening to disprove the premonition either.

My sister had these a lot too. Until I was 9 or 10 I didn't think anything of it until I mentioned it to a friend who thought I was crazy and then I've realised that not everyone has them.

I have read a theory about what is going on with this which made sense but can't remember it now! sorry!

Also, the weather affects me terribly. If it's cloudy and raining then I feel very down, and when it brightens up or if I wake up and it's sunny and bright then I am much much happier. I do wonder about getting a light box to see if that helps.

Becky

Well I have hard an explanation that when we get that "Been here before feeling" it is due to a sort circuit in the brain which feed the present direct into memory so we think we can remember something as it is happening now. This as far as I now has nothing to do with ASD.

Unless you record these "premonitions" at the time you have no way of knowing if the are a true or false memory.

It is said that we cannot remember anything that happened to us before the age of about 3, something to do with our brain development. This is why any memories of much before that are looked on with skepticism.

I would like to say that I have an open mind about this but the cynic in me is to strong.

Yes the weather affects our mood, to do with air pressure, light level and of course temperature.

Hi

I know they do say you cant remember things before the age of three but I personally think this varies,my 9 year old son who does not have AS,can remember our house and car from when he was 19months,before one argues he may have seen these in pics the answer is no as we were living in another country at the time we have no photos and never spoke about the house or the car,he also remembers certain events that even I dont remember until he reminds me again there is nobody who can tell him these things or show pics,so I believe he truely can remember.My son with AS is similar he to can remember things but he cant explain very well so uses descriptive words almost like he is painting a picture in my mind.He also has nightmares at times and always tells me it is/will happen and I never listen but I now think I may start writing these down they dont happen very often though.

Well I have heard an explanation that when we get that "Been here before feeling" it is due to a sort circuit in the brain which feed the present direct into memory so we think we can remember something as it is happening now. This as far as I now has nothing to do with ASD.

Cynicism is good :thumbs: Product of a thoughtful and cautious mind. I have these "premonitions" too, kind of like super de ja vu. I don't read anything into them, but they are kinda fun. :)

I hate to put a dampener on things (although it appears others have started this already :thumbs::lol:) but the premonitions being discussed fall into two categories, the first and largest of which is entirely natural and can be explained purely in mathematical terms. Our night-time dreams and waking thoughts are filled with millions of ideas, events, possibilities and constructions from small and insignificant (I'm going to see a blue car) to more major (there's going to be a plane crash). These are all stored within our brains the majority of which will never see the light of day again. However, there is an almost statistical inevitability that at some time (15 years is a long time!!) something in our natural environment will trigger one of these stored thoughts (we see a blue car, there is a plane crash) and the natural belief is to assume that it must have been a premonition. Of course this doesn't quite work: it fails to account for all the millions of daily events (purple cars, train crashes) that don't trigger a previous thought and so aren't seen to have a premonition and it also doesn't account for all the thoughts (rainbow striped car, hot air balloon crash) we have that never actually happen and so remain as buried thoughts/dreams. The statistical likelihood of some of your thoughts/dreams happening is so high that I would be far more surprised by someone who (without any significant brain injury) could say that they have never had any premonition, at least of the smallest type. The only way I suppose (and this is my own thoughts, not science) that it could be potentially linked to ASD is in terms of hyper-systematising and storing/remembering detail.

The second and less common which isn't actually premonition at all is what is referred to as deja vu or the feeling that you have been somewhere/done something before (but actually haven't - so not a premonition). It is where the brain signals are getting very mixed up and a true deja vu feeling is much stronger and often involves multiple senses in comparison to a premonition.

And that's the key - these 'premonitions' only become 'premonitions' after the event because it is only after an event that we can extract that file from the cabinet of thoughts we have had over a lifetime.

I hate to put a dampener on things (although it appears others have started this already :thumbs::lol:) but the premonitions being discussed fall into two categories, the first and largest of which is entirely natural and can be explained purely in mathematical terms. Our night-time dreams and waking thoughts are filled with millions of ideas, events, possibilities and constructions from small and insignificant (I'm going to see a blue car) to more major (there's going to be a plane crash). These are all stored within our brains the majority of which will never see the light of day again. However, there is an almost statistical inevitability that at some time (15 years is a long time!!) something in our natural environment will trigger one of these stored thoughts (we see a blue car, there is a plane crash) and the natural belief is to assume that it must have been a premonition. Of course this doesn't quite work: it fails to account for all the millions of daily events (purple cars, train crashes) that don't trigger a previous thought and so aren't seen to have a premonition and it also doesn't account for all the thoughts (rainbow striped car, hot air balloon crash) we have that never actually happen and so remain as buried thoughts/dreams. The statistical likelihood of some of your thoughts/dreams happening is so high that I would be far more surprised by someone who (without any significant brain injury) could say that they have never had any premonition, at least of the smallest type. The only way I suppose (and this is my own thoughts, not science) that it could be potentially linked to ASD is in terms of hyper-systematising and storing/remembering detail.

The second and less common which isn't actually premonition at all is what is referred to as deja vu or the feeling that you have been somewhere/done something before (but actually haven't - so not a premonition). It is where the brain signals are getting very mixed up and a true deja vu feeling is much stronger and often involves multiple senses in comparison to a premonition.

And that's the key - these 'premonitions' only become 'premonitions' after the event because it is only after an event that we can extract that file from the cabinet of thoughts we have had over a lifetime.

Very well put :thumbs:

Regarding memory, my son remembers things from before he was 3. We recently returned from holiday at MIL house in Greece. Whilst there he was playing with her fan and asked her where the other one was that used to be on the table. She got out all the fans she had and he said that none of them were it, he wanted the one that was exactly the same. Turns out she did have one the same years ago. I asked my son if he had seen it on 'this' holiday and he said 'no it was on a 'before' holiday. So he would have been around 2 years old. He also remembers sitting on the balcony cracking almonds with a hammer etc. I seem to remember that they say that the higher the emotional state at the time the better the memory is stored. Therefore earlier memories tend to be linked to higher emotional states eg. anger or happiness or excitement.

Regarding pre-monitions. I do have some de-ja-vu, but the stuff I have that intrigues me is that sometimes I might be actually in need of something. Eg. I might need a pair of winter boots, but I won't be actually looking for them, just the thought of them and the picture of them is in my head. Then I might be walking through town and the thought will come into my head to go into xxx shop because the boots are there. And they are, exactly the ones I have wanted ie. size, colour, style as I saw it in my head. It doesn't happen that often - just a couple of times a year. And it makes me smile. I feel like I have a 'guide' who gives me this info when I need it. And I now recognise that 'feeling' when it happens because the thought always comes into my head at a time when I am not actually looking for the thing I had in my mind.

I have once had a similar thing with an acquaintence of mine. She had two boys and had tried for a third child and had miscarried a number of times to the point that she said she would not try again. I saw in my head her next baby, a girl with ginger hair. I was too scared to tell her to her face, so I sent her a note saying what I had seen. She went on to have another child, a ginger haired girl. I did admit the note was from me some time after that. And the funny thing is I didn't see her after that for years. Then a couple of years ago I bumped into them. Her daughter is now 18 and we both had this weird feeling that we knew eachother. I just kept looking at her because I just recognised her - it was really strange.

The thing is though this runs on my dads side of the family in all the males but not females, my dad has more of a commercial premonition thing and can predict say 3 or more years before a song or band comes out the name of a song, the style of the song, when it reaches number one(give or take a week or two) and the amount of time it stays at number one, and that certain movies/shows will be remade years before the producers plan it etc.

My Deja Vu is hard to explain, as often when I get it, I get a thumping chest pain and feel dizzy and my body sort of moves on its own as if its pre planned and I get bad heartburn, and the thing is I am doing things bit by bit as in the dream, and as I say its not somewhere I have been before, family has been, has been on news or anything so iits EXACTLY how it is in my dream, I can only remember snippets of my dreams but i remember things like this a lot as back when I used to get these premonitions I used to wake up dizzy and unable to move with a thumping chest.

I also have to be careful around metal things in everyday life, as I get electric shocks easily, even wearing a metal watch gives me a slight static current and stops the watch, and going into a shop which has metal things in front of the cd and dvd trays shocks me and it hurts.

I am glad there is the two sides. The disbelivers and the ones who know it has happened.

Could anyone tell me, please, what was that of my son seeing two of me when I was just waking up?

As I mentionned before, he was only around two and he mentioned it now again with 7. Kind of 'freaks' me out.

Even more because two year olds don't lie. I clearly remember him mentioning this at the time he was 2. I am a scary cat, I chose to ignore it. He explainned well now that he is 7.

Any insight into this is welcome.

Dekaspace sorry I am 'highjacking you post.

All the best to all.

Edited by teresa london

The thing is though this runs on my dads side of the family in all the males but not females, my dad has more of a commercial premonition thing and can predict say 3 or more years before a song or band comes out the name of a song, the style of the song, when it reaches number one(give or take a week or two) and the amount of time it stays at number one, and that certain movies/shows will be remade years before the producers plan it etc.

My Deja Vu is hard to explain, as often when I get it, I get a thumping chest pain and feel dizzy and my body sort of moves on its own as if its pre planned and I get bad heartburn, and the thing is I am doing things bit by bit as in the dream, and as I say its not somewhere I have been before, family has been, has been on news or anything so iits EXACTLY how it is in my dream, I can only remember snippets of my dreams but i remember things like this a lot as back when I used to get these premonitions I used to wake up dizzy and unable to move with a thumping chest.

I also have to be careful around metal things in everyday life, as I get electric shocks easily, even wearing a metal watch gives me a slight static current and stops the watch, and going into a shop which has metal things in front of the cd and dvd trays shocks me and it hurts.

Oh dear, boring common sense here... ;):lol:

If your dad's 'commercial premontions' occur 3 years before the event, is one of the family writing them down, then subsequently being able to say 'Wow, so X's new single was called 'Y' after all...dad, you were right!' now that would be impressive!

I think the electric shock thing is pretty common...I get loads of these at work (far more than anyone else, and I give shocks to other people when I touch them :wacko: ), presumably because we have two banks of electrical monitors in there?

Bid :)

Edited by bid

In order to be able to see into the future and get it right. It would mean that the future is already set in stone and what will be will be . If this is the case there is little point in worrying about the future as we would not be able to do anything about it. What ever we do is already predetermined and we may think we are making choices but it is already set out what we will choose so what would be the point.

I for one believe that we do all make our own destiny, individually and collectively, therefore there is no way to know what will happen in the next second let alone next year.

I'm good at the static electric thing. Sparks fly in all directions. :o I put it down to me being electrocuted when a toddler.Yep I stuck a screwdriver where I shouldn't and ended up fried, unconscious for 10 hours or so.

I can remember thing that happened before I was born, Well I cant but part of my conscious mind thinks I can, these are false memories due to subconsciously absorbing information and ending up thinking it to be a true memory.

Edited by chris54