Aspergers UK info

Aspergers UK - new website

My little boy was diagnosed with Asperger's in 2009.

Our family was standing at the shore, beyond was the vast ocean of autism.

How best could we understand this condition?

Well, create a website I thought. Share it with family, friends and colleagues... and of course, the world!

Follow our experiences as Alex and his family go on a journey of understanding, enlightenment and undivided love & devotion.

I'm the Dad who created the website, it's only a week old. Amongst other things on the site, my wife kindly wrote a section on our son, from birth to present day.

Visit My Website

Hope you can visit soon, everyone is welcome :-) Besides a website, there is also a blog, shop, donation site and forum.

Do you Twitter? Follow me here... My Twitter

Many thanks!

Thanks for such a great response, I appreciate your kind comments and encouragement!

I work full-time and basically I was up till the early hours for a couple of weeks getting the sites together but now the dust is settling so to speak, time to concentrate on educating people about Aspergers and Autism.

The more websites, groups, forums, campaigns etc = more awareness and communication! :thumbs:

Feel free to visit any of my link below, so much appreciated! Feedback always most welcome.

Visit My Website

As you can see, I've been rather busy!

Take care.

:groupwave:

Edited by Kathryn

Hi AUI

As you're using asd-forum only to freely and extensively advertise your own website, perhaps you wouldn't mind returning the favour and posting a link to asd-forum in your own resource section? :)

K x

Hi AUI

As you're using asd-forum only to freely and extensively advertise your own website, perhaps you wouldn't mind returning the favour and posting a link to asd-forum in your own resource section? :)

K x

I legitimately registered on this site and posted in the relevant section - your quote seems somewhat 'rude'? However, your link is emblazoned in my resource section ;)

Like everyone here, we are touched by Aspergers and autism in some way - the common goal to unite, educate and support.

I raise donations for The National Autistic Society, both myself and my 6 year old boy have Aspergers - we want to help everyone.

Peace.

I reckon Kathryn is one of the politest peeps on here, AUI (mind you thats not saying much :devil: )

It can also appear 'rude' to join a forum purely with the intention of advertising your own website, which is how your posts have come across. Apologies if that was not your intention, & good luck with it.

Just to point out, AUI, Kathryn is a moderator on this site so has every right to make her point...and she certainly wasn't 'rude' in any way!

Bid :)

I reckon Kathryn is one of the politest peeps on here, AUI (mind you thats not saying much :devil: )

Me? Sweeter than Bambi, I am... but wait till the full moon. :ph34r::devil:

AUI, I was just making the observation that you don't seem to want to engage with this forum community, which is a pity. Thanks for your response anyway. :)

I've edited your post because concerns have been expressed about the direct link to your shop. There is a "no advertising" rule on this forum. (see guidelines and rules, top left).

Please can you also edit your signature to take out the shop link.

Thanks

Kathryn

AUI,

while it is great that you care enough to make your own site, can i just point out that people who have ASD and Asperger's are often mistaken for being rude - so to point out what you feel is rudeness on a site that tries to explain that behaviour is (however unintentional) rude in itself.

Every new site and organization that forms to educate about ASD and autism is great, an achievement in itself. So I think it is wonderful you are taking the time to do this.

I would just ask that you respect existing sites such as this - we are all in the same situation so should be fostering a community instead of picking at each other.

Edited by matzoball

Thanks for sorting out the sig AUI.

Good luck with the site, and in between maintaining it, I hope you have time to visit us too. We're quite nice really. :)

K x