Sign in to follow this  
Mum of 3

Multi Agency Meeting on Wenesday

Hi all,

Just thought I'd let everyone know we've got the meeting this Wednesday morning.

Had 2 very illuminating meetings last week. Ed Psych came to our house & spent some time with G, then with me. She said she's 'utterly convinced' he's on the spectrum, having seen him at school and home, and spoken to his teacher.

The Clinical Psych had seen him in his offfice (G had major tantrum-slamming doors, hitting me, etc. Nice!), then came to our house (G-"Oh, Hia...Would you like to come and look at my bedroom? I've got loads of things that begin with 'P'" :blink: ).

CP said then that it "Puzzles the Hell out of me", and he was "completely stumped" about G.

Since then, he's read my copious diary of events, kept over a year since we started on this path, and we had another phone call last week, where I told him what they Ed Psych had said, and we talked through his ideas. By the end of this, he was thinking that we'd be looking at a Dx of autism, probably AS.

I know I'm really lucky to have a team that I can discuss things with, and feel fully included in the process, with my opinions saught and recognised as valid. I can't help being a little dismayed by some of the posts I've read here, where others have not had such positive experiences, and I'm just gearing mysel up for things to go pear-shaped at the meeting!

One of the questions I asked the Ed Psych, and she seemed really confused, as if she hadn't considered this before, was 'what happens if you decide he isn't autistic?' This was when she told me how convinced she is, but really, the answer seems to be....'er...nothing!', which is really scary, I mean, we wouldn't be here if we didn't want help, but if it's not the 'Big A', we just get sent home to manage!!!! :unsure:

I'm not looking for a label, or anything, but I want some answers, and if it's not autism, it's definately something, so I just hope they get it right!

Wish me strength and good luck :tearful:

Oh, yes, and I've given up work to look after the critters, and it's my last day on Wednesday....Felt a bit funny asking for a day's leave on my last day :ph34r: The boss was like 'Oh, go on then.... :rolleyes: '. :whistle:

Hi again,

I hope you got my last message. We are in for the MDA meeting tomorrow too. What time do you have to be up there? We are there at 9*30. I am a bit nervous about it. We just had all of the last minute meetings as well. PM me and good luck tomorrow. I might see you up there. -Skye

>:D<<'>

Thanks for your kind words.

Well, the diagnosis is ASD. I asked if they were thinking AS, and they said they'd talked along time about that, but are sticking with ASD, as that encompasses AS anyway.

Have spent the day in a daze, even though this is the best outcome in terms of support, etc, and it was expected.

Unfortunately had a bit of a tantrum myself once the children were in bed....and I wonder where G gets it from?... :whistle:

You're allowed a tantrum today I think. Hope all is calmer now. I expect it'll take time for the implications of the dx to sink in.

Take care >:D<<'>

K x

Hi mum of 3, this will be a hard time for you, even when as you say its expected it is still very hard to accept and deal with. It will almost feel like your whole world has been turned upside down by just a few words but in reality nothing has changed as they have always had Asd. I hope things begin to settle in your mind soon. I will be doing this same thing at the end of this month, so we can join each other in having a bit of a tantrum. I will be thinking of you. :-) maria x

I know exactly how you feel - we had our final meeting a couple of weeks ago. Even when it is what you expect to hear, it does not make it any easier seeing it on paper.

It does get easier - I still look at Luke and feel sad that he really does have AS, and will always have AS. But at least now we know, and can start doing whatever we have to in order to give him the best possible chance at a future.

And at the end of the day, he is still the little boy I love dearly - and it is his AS that makes him different, and special. I would not want to change anything about him.

My thoughts are with you all.

Sorry Mo3, I seem to have missed this thread :(>:D<<'>

Just be gentle with yourselves. It's such a funny time around dx, even when you 'knew' what was coming and desperately wanted an end to the uncertainty.

As for tantrums, well...I don't need much of an excuse! :lol:

We're all here for you 'cos we really do know how you're feeling >:D<<'>

Bidx

Edited by bid

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Thanks everyone for understanding and making me feel better about everything! :thumbs::)

I think my DH and I both knew my tantrum wasn't really going anywhere when I accused him of deliberately putting crumbs on my clean kitchen floor just to annoy me! :lol::whistle:

I've got used to it more now...I was expecting it, and I know it's for the best to have the diagnosis and the support that comes with it (however scant that may be!), so....I'm OK again! :thumbs::pray: