Sign in to follow this  
desperate

Neils exclusion

Hi, This message is mostly for Nellie I'm afraid. We have chatted about Neil so she will understand the content, hopefully.

Our SEN manager spoke to Neil's school and they arranged a meeting for the 9th June. This was then changed to the 15 th June. The school said that the meeting was to arrange a way forward for Neil and to develop more stratigies for him. I told our SEN manager that they had also spoken to me and said that neil would definately not be returning to the school.

The SEN manager then phoned them to ask for them to clarify on paper that the mreeting was to be the one that they had discussed. This she was topld was no problem.

The SEN manager received a call about ten minutes later to say that the staff ahd had another meeting, the meeting with us was cancelled as they had decided to go for the permament exclusion.

This is one of the things that makes me so angry how they say one thing to parents and another to the LEA's what is the reason for this. Do they want to try to look as though they are doing all they can, as long as they don't have to put the lie in black and white?

No wonder our kids find this world confusing

Many thanks for keeping us up to date. Must say, I am at a loss to know what to say. I will give it some thought.

It should be possible to put pressure on the LEA to find and fund a suitable school,

one with a better understanding of Neil, an ASD specific school that can take him until he is 19.

It may be worth contacting Connexions, they may have an advisor who has experience of ASD.

Hopefully other forum members will come up with some information and advice.

Nellie >:D<<'>

Hi Desperate >:D<<'>

The fact remains that your LEA has a legal duty to educate Neil :angry:

Have you looked at ASD specific schools? Nellie is right, many of them go up to 19.

Your Connexions Team will have a Special Needs Connexions Advisor. Ours was brilliant.

You could also try this site www.natspec.org.uk, which has a list of Special Colleges. Have a look, you'll be amazed at what's out there. They are funded through the Learning Skills Council, not LEAs.

Neil has every right to a suitable, supportive education...keep fighting!

Take care,

Bidx

Edited by bid