Sign in to follow this  
Wildkat

Hi all.

Hi all, my name is Kat. I have 4 children aged 12 11 6 and 3. My 11 year old was diagnosed aged 3 with Autism, She has come on leaps and bounds, is high functioning and in her last year of mainstream primary school. She lkeeps up with her peers in school and is looking forward to "big school" next year.

She is being re assesed in a few weeks, to keep her statement right for transfer to secondary. This is the first assesment she has had since she was first diagnosed. Actually its the first contact with the doctors since her first assesment, I think her diagnosis may be changed to Asperagers.

I have found it hard to broach the subject with her, that she is in anyway different than my other 3. She is treated the same at home and gets help at school, but does the same as her classmates.

She is well behaved in school, but seems to change instantly on getting home. She hates her younger sister, and I don't mean dislikes, I mean hates. She spends alot of time at home thinking of ways to get rid of her, she calls her, her nemisis.

She is fussy with food, only eating one kind of chicken nuggets and micro chips at home, although at school she'll eat burgers and sausages too.

She won't wear clothes with any pictures or writing on and has to have at least one thing on her with stripes.

I went to a meeting a few years ago of a local support group, but they seemed so negative, it broke my heart and I swore I would never go back. This forum seems to be different and I hope to introduce my daughter to it too. She loves her laptop.

I'm looking forward to getting to know other people who may know how It is, and people who are willing to tell me off when I get a bit down.... not that often, because one thing my daughter does is make me laugh at least once a day, she is so witty and just say's it how it is.

Anyway Hola

K xx >:D<<'>

Hi Kat

nice to meet you, I have a 12 yr old son with complex special needs including ASD but I sure know I struggle with one, wow 4 children, I dont know how you do it, but welcome to the group, sorry to hear about your experience of the parent group, if your daughter is possibly getting a dx of AS maybe a Parent support group for parents of AS maybe more suitable, or if you have the time what about setting one up, my son is also very selective in what he eats and it is very difficult to help maintain enough calories for his high energy as he goes on and on beyond high performance batteries.

I am sure you will find it a friendly place here, looking forward to getting to know you and your wonderful children.

JsMumxxxx

Hello Kat,

Welcome, we just joined this week too. We have 3 children, I aged 8 recently diagnosed with Asperger's in July and 2 NT children, a boy aged 6 and a girl aged 4.

This does seem like a really good place to get help/support/advice from likeminded people.

Look forward to getting to know you.

Wallace & Gromit

Hi all, my name is Kat. I have 4 children aged 12 11 6 and 3. My 11 year old was diagnosed aged 3 with Autism, She has come on leaps and bounds, is high functioning and in her last year of mainstream primary school. She lkeeps up with her peers in school and is looking forward to "big school" next year.

She is being re assesed in a few weeks, to keep her statement right for transfer to secondary. This is the first assesment she has had since she was first diagnosed. Actually its the first contact with the doctors since her first assesment, I think her diagnosis may be changed to Asperagers.

I have found it hard to broach the subject with her, that she is in anyway different than my other 3. She is treated the same at home and gets help at school, but does the same as her classmates.

She is well behaved in school, but seems to change instantly on getting home. She hates her younger sister, and I don't mean dislikes, I mean hates. She spends alot of time at home thinking of ways to get rid of her, she calls her, her nemisis.

She is fussy with food, only eating one kind of chicken nuggets and micro chips at home, although at school she'll eat burgers and sausages too.

She won't wear clothes with any pictures or writing on and has to have at least one thing on her with stripes.

I went to a meeting a few years ago of a local support group, but they seemed so negative, it broke my heart and I swore I would never go back. This forum seems to be different and I hope to introduce my daughter to it too. She loves her laptop.

I'm looking forward to getting to know other people who may know how It is, and people who are willing to tell me off when I get a bit down.... not that often, because one thing my daughter does is make me laugh at least once a day, she is so witty and just say's it how it is.

Anyway Hola

K xx >:D<<'>

Hi there Wildkat

Welcome to the forum - I am new myself - be good to get to you know

Tania