markkenyon

I have recently been diagnosed and i live in Coventry

Hello all,

My name is Mark, and I am 29 years old I have recently been diagnosed in the last fortnight with Asperger's syndrome as well as Dyspraxia......

Although my mum had her thoughts that I did have Asperger's syndrome, the Diagnosis confirmed it and it also made me feel a bit low about myself.

I have found this site and I hope that in some way I can contribute to it....

Although living in Coventry would make most folks feel low!!!!!

Many thanks

Mark

i have AS and dyspraxia i live in northamponshire not too far away from you i felt happy when first told then spiralled into a deep depression feelings of despair ,anger, etc i didn't understand what was going on and how was going to cope i read books to try and explain more in words i go to library ask for books written by sufferers themselves as this makes more sense more of similiar personal experiences we been through!!! have you been offered any help and support??? takes abit of time to adjust to the official diagnoses there comes as a shock to the system you can feel a range of emotions as you go through different types of things all i can say is be kind to yourself try to not blame yourself and if need help and support there's no shame in that and if low feelings continue for weeks on end not just days after i would go back to docs and people with AS and dyspraxia are more prone to MH probs like depression anxiety social anx if need any more information feel free to ask|! is anyone else in your family that may have same signs as you show??? i have it natural to feel the way you do at that moment some people feel happy others feel completely the opposite it hard to get your head around! some books that may help you with information:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Complete-Guide-Asp...4144&sr=1-3

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Asperger-Personal-...4260&sr=1-9

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Adolescent-Adult-N...260&sr=1-11

take care

chin up

KL X

mine different slighty i was officially diagnosed with dyspraxia first at around 6-7 years old and always felt different couldn't explain it until i got told at 14 years old i have AS like a light switch was turned on it so described me so much through all signs

Hi, well apparantly the support is non exsistant in a professional way sadly due to the unique way that coventry's primay care trust is funded.

I am feeling better but it would be nice to speak with others like me.........I did order the book by Tony....surname escapes me at this time.......

I'm happy to chat,

Mark

hello and welcome

Welcome, Mark. :)

I've only been to Coventry once to visit my Gran who lived there for a while. Strangely, it was on the day Coventry won the FA cup so I've never forgotten it.

K x

Welcome

i was 30 recently and diagnosed 14 years ago. i am still getting used to it and discovering more about myself and the world today.

Alexis

Welcome.

My strange fact about Coventry is that The Specials who are from Coventry were number 1 on the day I was born, with Ghost Town!

I like the song.

Anyhow... welcome. :thumbs:

Thank you to all of you who have welcomed me to the forum, I hope in the future weeks that I can meet some of you possibly to put a face to the names.

Many thanks

Mark