Sign in to follow this  
minerva

Another poll.......

I was searching for something else completely but came across this poll that I thought you may want to sign as its really relevant to most people here!!

ASD in Schools

Make it so that all schools are aware of Asperger's Syndrome, Autism and other hidden disabilities, and are able to help the students. Have more people qualified to notice these disabilities from a young age, so that help can be given from the start. Don't leave it until they are teenagers to diagnose, it's so difficult to be undiagnosed and in secondary school. Autistic Spectrum Disorder's need to be noticed! Help raise awareness! Just because a person looks okay doesn't give you the right to make them do things outside of their abilities. Asking a child with Asperger's to engage in normal social activity is like asking the impossible. Undiagnosed children and teens in schools get treated the same as everyone else, and that's often not what would be best for them. If they do have a diagnosis, school's need to make sure they do everything they can to support them. So many children and teens go undiagnosed through school and into adulthood. I am a 17 year old with Asperger's Syndrome and I know what it was like to go through school undiagnosed. Please don't let this keep happening.

It currently has 176 signatures.....lets see if we can increase that!

I was searching for something else completely but came across this poll that I thought you may want to sign as its really relevant to most people here!!

ASD in Schools

It currently has 176 signatures.....lets see if we can increase that!

Signed thanks for posting this

Hiya, I'm Willow, the girl who started the petition :) It's brilliant that it's got round to so many people, many thanks for all the support and all the people that have signed! This petition is more relevant to me now more than ever as I have just been told I can't go to school anymore, for various reasons (that you can read about in my topic 'Sent Home On The First Day Of School').

Thanks again!

Willow

Hi Willow,

I just read your thread.....wow!! Its really shocking! I'm sorry that you've been through this. I assume they are getting away with it because of you being past the age of their responsibility? Keep your chin up hun......if you are determined to make it and have the support from your family nobody and nothing can get in your way!!!

Just check out these people here

Anyway, well done on the poll....its amazing how many families go through situations like this on a day to day basis :wallbash: