Hands up all of you who will be glad when Christmas has come and gone. Sad I know but true, Glen has never shown any interest in occasions, i.e birthdays, christmas, typical autistic child I know. I have to keep things very low keyed as not to distress Glen. It is such a shame, my other 2 kids loved Christmas when they were younger it was such a special time seeing how excited they were. I feel so sad that Glen could never and will never experience what they have.

Yes I know what you mean, when son was younger it was always like he didnt know how to enjoy himself and it always left me feeling such a failure, so so pleased he is older now, as loads of people have 'no sense of occasion' including me, bah humbug, x

Thats ok, my hubby hates occasions particularly Christmas so its not the best of times here!

I dread christmas to this day, when T was younger she's 19 now, every christmas morning she would be sick without fail, she disliked father christmas and would shake whenever she saw him, so one time a child in school told her he wasn't real, and i confirmed it and explained it was just a made up story, it seemed to stop her being sick on chrismas morning but still disliked father chirstmas. I have always kept it low key T's not to bad now but hate's visiting anyone hope it comes and goes in blink of a eye.

Sorry but you did ask :)

I'll join the bah humbug gang :lol:

Xmas - I've got to get through Halloween yet. Very, very sociable dd is having a halloween party - a teenage party, ds's biggest nightmare. So dh, ds and I are going to hole up in our bedroom :ph34r: - wine for dh and I :clap: and a Doctor Who, Star Wars and X-Files fest for ds :hypno: .

Can't wait till Sunday.

It's Alex birthday on Christmas day aswell, not my favorite time of year, he knows its his birthday when we have the Christmas tree up, and we only get it out on Christmas eve and take down on boxing day, but the shops have Christmas stuff up already, some mad people even start there decorating at the end of November, so for a good few months he thinks its his birthday and wants everything there and then .. drives us mad.

Hi Maria it must be a nightmare for you I can well understand why you only get the tree out on Christmas Eve and put it away on Boxing Day. My hubby would like to do that every year, :lol: he hates Christmas full stop!

Im the opposite, except for people falling out i love xmas. i have to know beforehand what to record on sky +. i have to watch top of the pops before xmas lunch. im very upset about people being more than 15mins late. Folk have to obey the rules in games. i think of it as everyone elses birthday.

Oh and theres 3 social group meals to look forward to as well!

Alexis