tomisms

Another newbie

Hi, just thought I'd best introduce myself - I have 5 kids aged from 22 to 5, and the 5 year old (Tom) is undergoing the whole diagnosis thing for aspergers syndrome.

When I first took him to the doctors I thought he had tourettes cos he has so many tics and weird compulsions (I'd actually taken him before cos he's very hyper and doesn't sleep, but got told it was he was the youngest and obviously spoilt!). I was very surprised when the paed verbally diagnosed him with HFA/AS.

Hope to get to know many of you on the boards and hopefully share experiences with you, get some advice and hopefully be able to offer support to others.

Hi & welcome! :lol:

Thanks for the welcome Bruce :D

I keep browsing the threads and wanting to reply and I have oh so many questions to ask, but I think I shall browse the forum for a while before barging in. I'm pretty new to all this ASD stuff and don't have much to offer others as yet, 'cept for hugs, and I feel quite selfish wanting to ask so many questions.

Up to you. Maybe post one or two, if there's some that bother you more than others? Not that I'm claiming to have many answers to any of them!

Hi tomisms, welcome to the forum.

Don't worry about asking questions, we like them: it's what keeps the forum going. :thumbs:

K x

Hello & welcome :)

Hi, just thought I'd best introduce myself - I have 5 kids aged from 22 to 5, and the 5 year old (Tom) is undergoing the whole diagnosis thing for aspergers syndrome.

When I first took him to the doctors I thought he had tourettes cos he has so many tics and weird compulsions (I'd actually taken him before cos he's very hyper and doesn't sleep, but got told it was he was the youngest and obviously spoilt!). I was very surprised when the paed verbally diagnosed him with HFA/AS.

Hope to get to know many of you on the boards and hopefully share experiences with you, get some advice and hopefully be able to offer support to others.

Welcome

i tic under stress but im not sure if im tourettic or not. i think the reaction of being spoilt was out of order and uncalled for.

Im an asperger amongst other things.

Alexis

Edited by trekster