Sign in to follow this  
desperate

psychiatrist letter for appeal

Hi all,

This is a copy of the letter that Neil's psychiatrist has sent to the chgair of the govenors about his permenent exclusion:-

I am writing to express my concerns re the permanent exclusion of Neil ........ I am the child pshchiatrist who reviews Neil regarding his asperger's syndrome and associated mental health issues. I was very surprised to hear from the school that neil had been excluded after a brief period of an increase in disturbed behaviour. Neil has had many periods of increased agitation previously and this would have been predictable in relation to the period around SAT's exams. However, I was not contacted by any member of the school staff to discuss behavioural management or a possible increase in his risperidone medication to help him cope over this period. (Neil has been taking resperidone to manage his high levels of social anxiety prior to and during his period at .....) Clearly the school staff have to assess the level of risk posed by Neil's behaviour, but I am concerned that given that school had been aware of Neil having significant difficulties with impulse control throughout his placement, I am not clear as to why permanent exclusion needed to be resorted to so rapidly, especially as the opportunity to review Neil's presentation with a multi professional group was due imminently at his annual general review, which has been superseded by the exclusion.

I hope you will take these concerns into account when you consider whether to ratify his exclusion.

Hopefullyt this will help Neil to contiue to get the help he desperately needs.

:( The way the school have reacted stinks.So sorry you are continually :wallbash::wallbash: .What are the possibilities for your son now?Love to you all >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

I think the letter is very good and this guy has made his point, that being they have never sought the advice of the 'expert'. Let's hope that they now get their act together?

Carole

It looks like Neil has a great psychiatrist. He's summed everything up, hasn't he?

It will be interested to hear what reply you get back from the Chair of Govenors.

>:D<<'> Annie >:D<<'>

Edited by annie