Sign in to follow this  
baddad

Still not, is it?

Christmassy, I mean...

I finally got around to bunging the tree up last night but couldn't be ar*ed with deccies, and son wasn't too fussed either :(

I did my first bit of chrissy cooking tonight (a couple of coarse chicken terrines to bung in the freezer) and while i was making 'em it felt 'right' but now they're in the oven and i'm just looking at the washing up it's definitely not, erm, chrismassy :(

Oh well - I'm gonna try making some sossie rolls at the w/e (haven't bothered the past few years as I didn't have a gf recipe for pastry I trusted to roll up - but i'm gonna give a new corn/rice/almond recipe a go) and do some other freezer bits, so maybe that'll do the trick...

Anyone else feeling distinctly Bah Humbuggish this year, or just me?

:&P

BD :D

Not done the tree or the deccies, or any cards yet. Definitely not even THOUGHT about starting food!!!!

Done most of the pressie shopping tho - seriously skint now :rolleyes:

Was going to try & get the tree up this weekend, but don't know what'shappening here at the weekend now.

I don't think DS is too bothered, but the girls are really looking forward to Xmas, so gonna have to pull my finger out some time soon......

Well we got the tree up because we had visitors last weekend and thought we may as well. It looks good and er..Christmassy. :thumbs: But I haven't written any cards yet, which is unlike me, or bought many presents. I have a partial excuse, in that I started a new job on Monday and I'm a bit knackered and distracted. And I don't get paid till the 21st when I expect I'll go into overdrive and spend the next couple of days shopping!!

K x

Our tree and decorations wont go up until the weekend before Christmas, this is only because we are having an early Christmas, Monday 21st, as that's the only day that my step children can get to us, so I'm cooking Christmas dinner and we will be opening some presents on that day. Then doing it all over again on Christmas day proper with just the three of us.

As for decorations, in my family we had/have a tradition of no decorations or tree going up until Christmas eve. That was what we did, dad got home from work had his tea by which time it would be gone 8 and we all help? to put them up.

Was always the same.

Now I not to sure looking back if it wasn't lack of time which contributed to this tradition.

I know I live life one day at a time and don't look to far forward, so to me Christmas seems ages away yet.

When I was childminding we did do the decorating thing about a week before the last working day so the children go to enjoy them, but that was a big concession for me.

And then the whole lot come down on 12th night.

Well were are totally christmassed up big time here.......all decorations and tree are up.All pressies bought and wrapped up too(nolonger have any money though but a lovely large overdraft :thumbs: ).Crds are written not yet posted.We had christmas fayre at school last week so my rein deer antlers came out for that.Wednesday night we had a carol concert outside church and I helped serve the mulled wine .Sunday is the kids nativity this year I have a shepherd and an angel...........so yep feelin bigtime christmas vibes in deepest cheshire at the moment.Also been approached my the vicars wife to take part in an "active " nativity next friday.This involves meeting at the rectory where mary and joseph will depart on a donkey(yep a real one I kid you not) they will go past the village halll and wave to the shepherds and sheep in my mates front garden then knock on the door of the pub where by Bill the miserable landlord will tell them to clear off........next they,ll cross the road to church and wave to the angels and star and then carry on the the farm next door where my hubby will be the inn keeper who says "yes" and his mate Rob the farmer will act as midwife in the barn amongst the bales.They are hoping for about 100 parishoners to get involved so should be a good night,Come christas day though I think I,ll have had enough..........watch out for photo,s of The Nativity "Live! next saturday as should be an event to remember.

............ps bads maybe it,ll feel more christmassy when ben finishes for christmas and hes at home more :wub:

If it helps the only thing I've done so far is buy a present for my niece a book (the In The Night Garden 2010 Annual) No tree, cards, presents or other decorations yet. I don't even know where I'm going to be Christmas day!

Borders vouchers all round anyone?.... :whistle::P

Well were are totally christmassed up big time here.......

Hurrah Hurrah! At last someone all festive and Christmassy :thumbs::thumbs:

Your live nativity thingy sounds wonderful - where do you live, again? Dibley? And an Shepherd ananangel in the skool production - Brilliant! I was approached by the Vicar's Wife once - but the less said about that the better :whistle::whistle:

The chicken terrine's are very nice, but if i make em again next year i'll add more herbs etc than the recipe said... we've got one and 3/4's in the freezer, and the other 1/4 was a 'taste test' - ben had some with pickles and antipasta and some crusty/olive oily toast and said 'Phwoaaaaar - that is damned delicious!' :lol::lol: He's writing a few crissy cards right now, and I might attempt the sossie rolls a bit later. I'm burning some 'winter fruit' scented candles (do you want them scented? No - I'll take them with me. Boom boom!) so maybe that'll help.

Anyhoo - looking forward to seeing those live nativity pics soon >:D<<'>

Oh - what are you having for Christmas dinner, BTW? looking at your siggy these days I'm guessing Chicken Duck and Rabbit are all off the menu, unless one happens to pass on peacefully of old age in the next week or so? Mind you, plenty of eggs - so a frittata starter and Creme Brulee after will give you a few extra pennies to spend on the mains ;)

L&P

BD :D

I put my tree up with some pretty lights. The tree is a fake one, but it's quite nice and has pine cones on it. I decided that the cones and the lights were enough and just left it like that. I've got a light-up decoration in my front window and plugged in into a timer so the lights come on all evening. It's nice to see it all lit up when I come in from work.

I've written and posted all my Christmas cards, but I haven't got all my presents yet. I have ideas for most of them, but I'm really stuck on a boy who also has his birthday in Christmas week, so I need to get him two presents and I have no idea!

I was looking forward to it, but now I have a big bad cold and I'm not really looking forward to anything.

Yes I have put up my tree wooo hooo! dragged it down from the loft now looking at the empty box's that need to go back :(, must say i'm in shock as i have also posted 3 present's as well, don't know what's come over me.

Teresa :)