Sign in to follow this  
call me jaded

Your predictions for 2010

Just a bit of fun! Three predictions for news-worthy events in the forth-coming year. We can come back in twelve months and see how wrong we are!

1. There will be a royal engagement with the wedding in 2011
  2. the Conservatives win the general election but without a majority and form a coalition with the Green Party
  3. Robbie and Take That perform together.

I can see 1 and 3 happening.

The first part of number 2 seems inevitable, but not sure about the second part, although it would be fantastic if somebody got the greens in a coalition!

I'll have a think about this.....

1. The world will realise that reality tv is anything but real and it will disappear from our screens.
  2. The world will realise that manufactured celebrity based on media exposure rather than talent is an abomination and programmes like X-Factor and bands/artists arising as a by-product of such marketing will disappear from our screens and charts (and that, of course, includes those having a second bite of the cherry by riding the current nostalgia wave).
  3. The world will realise that silicon implants are not of themselves an indication of 'talent' nor a vaild reason for the conference of celebrity status and people with unnatural looking silicon implants will be banished from our screens.

As predictions go, probably rubbish (and probably unpopular!)- but as a personal wishlist right up there with world peace, an answer to global warming and an end to famine, poverty and oppression in all of their manifestations.

L&P

BD :D

A local Tory councillor thinks there will be two Green MPs representing Norwich and Brighton after the next election. The same councillor is confident of a Tory majority and stressed that the Tories will treat these Green MPs as personas non grata - his words.

This evening we had a game where you guess a person who will die within the next year. I guessed Nelson Mandela.

I also think we will see a hung parliament.

This evening we had a game where you guess a person who will die within the next year. I guessed Nelson Mandela.

Ouch! That sounds like one hell of a parlour game (Let's hope no one takes it too seriously and decides to help their chosen celebrity along :lol: ). Not sure I want to nominate anyone for that - I'd feel guilty if I guessed right... On the other hand, if I indulged in some 'wishful thinking' as a joke and that came true I'd feel even worse.

Instead, I'm just going to predict (with lots of wishful thinking) those whose careers (I use that word with some irony) will hopefully be dead by the end of 2010.

Simon Cowell

Alan Sugar

Ant & Deck

Clarkson & Hammond

Jordan/Katie Price.

All boy bands/girl bands/manufactured artists & bands including the recycled ones.

The bloke with the lantern jaw who used to do the 'project'

Graham Norton

Al Murray

Armstrong & Miller

Reality TV

Davina McCall...

actually I'll stop there as this could take all day! :lol:

A slightly different wishful think for Susane Boyle, as at the moment I can only think of her in terms like 'lamb' and 'slaughter'... I hope she comes out the other side of 2010 with her mental health intact and either enough money in the bank to see her to the grave or a low-key niche-market career that keeps her working but not on my TV or radio, thank you very much...

L&P

BD (aka Old Bores Loadakak)

:D

I also think we will see a hung parliament.

That wont be good as South Africa are hosting the world cup and sure loads of tourists will want to see the man himself.On the other hand he has been really ill and he is old so it is extremely likely!

Last night we mostly guessed people who are quite old. Mandela is not the President any more, but I would imagine he is still in a position to pull some strings and get good tickets for the World Cup. My mum guessed Robert Mugabe, but then admitted it was just wishful thinking.

Last night we mostly guessed people who are quite old. Mandela is not the President any more, but I would imagine he is still in a position to pull some strings and get good tickets for the World Cup. My mum guessed Robert Mugabe, but then admitted it was just wishful thinking.

Sorry,I know he is not the president but he was the first black president in SA,its not about getting tickets he is an important figure in African (in fact in world history) I was born is South Africa and only came here 8 yrs ago, so I know all the in's and out's of SA politics.

Many people go to Robbin Island where he was held captive.He will more than likely attend some of the games as the SA peeps will want to see him at this important event.Just like when royal Family attend events such as Wimbledon,Mandela is seen as Royalty in SA.

Sorry didnt mean to ramble,I was just adding my thoughts :)

I do understand Nelson Mandela's role and importance, but wouldn't it undermine the current president of South Africa in front of the entire world if he were to attend the football in an official capacity? I would think he was a bit rude if he did that.

Edited by Tally

Nelson Mandela is just one level below God in people's eyes , so everywhere he goes he'll attract attention whether he's in an official capacity or not. His popularity is global so I don't think any SA political figure would be too bothered by his appearance at any event. I believe he doesn't do many official engagements anymore but I would have thought he'd want to see some of the world cup on home turf.

Don't like the idea of predicting people's demise but I predict that Andy Murray will fail to win Wimbledon once again. :rolleyes: And that it will not snow again this year.

K x

I wonder if people will relise that if they get as passionate about voting as they did about 'Rage against the machine' for Christmas number one then maybe things will change....or not.

Power to the people...is that a good thing though?

No idea. Let's go for...

Bruce Forsyth gets a knighthood

Simon Cowell gets married and Katie Price gets divorced (and my 'heat' reading secret is exposed)

my nine-year-old son gets signed to a pro football team academy

wow! Jaded you were pretty much spot on :notworthy::thumbs:

I agree with your the Katie Price prediction for 2011, not sure of the other two.

I think there is going to be something BIG with global warming, something like G12 talks but something "set in stone."

I wish I could predict that I win the lottery,I need that ;):pray:

Maybe we should get Jaded to pick some lottery numbers for us! :lol:

I see I corrected predicted Andy Murray to fail to win Wimbledon last year - but that didn't take much foresight! I'll go for the same again this year.

I also predicted it wouldn't snow again in 2010- :oops::lol: !

Happy New year everyone, and may all your good predictions come true. :dance:

K x

Edited by Kathryn

When I read the title of this thread, I thought someone was mildly confused and had time-travelled a year! :rolleyes:

I also predicted it wouldn't snow again in 2010- :oops::lol: !

Hmm, any more 'accurate' weather forecasts where that came from? :huh: If I see you buying sunglasses, I shall stockpile the salt! :lol: