Sign in to follow this  
julie1

a little light

my daughter aged 4 had her first day at school today. We had to count down the sleeps until today she was excited and wanted to go. She woke up this morning and i was a little worried school would be shut with the snow difficulties,however we listened to the radio and i told her school was open and we quickly got ready and we went to school. She was brilliant went in no problems she wouldnt part with the nursery book she had borrowed over the half term but the nursery teacher wouldnt of minded. so i left her, i worried all day hoping she was happy. 3.00pm came and i collected her from school i was the 1st parent there and she looked so tired. On the way home she said school is too long, so i asked her did she have fun, she said it was fun but how many sleeps until its finished i think ive had enough now. I laughed to myself most of the way home bless her i didnt have the heart or the brain power to work out how many more sleep until she is 16 years old. (made me laugh thought you might like a giggle as well)

:lol:

I'm sure Mumble, (or someone else equally mathematically inclined) could work out the number of sleeps between now and the end of her education. But better not to break the bad news to her just yet!

K x

Oh Bless :lol: Sam was the same when he started,he was so eager to stay all day especially because he wanted to take his lunch like his older brother,and he also complained how tired he was and asked everyday for me to "make it weekend" I am sure she will get used to the loooooooong school hours :lol:

very sweet.

i anticipate similar coments next week when K starts nursery with 9am-2pm sessions! poor girl was desperate for a nap after the 9-12 sessions last term so goodness knows how she'll manage all day this term.

Try to redirect her thinking toward 'how many sleeps until the weekend' :lol:

My son's now graduated from primary, but every harvest festival or carol concert i'd watch the reception class come in and it just seemed heartbreaking to see kids making that huge transition from 'toddler' to 'tiddler'. Enjoy it while you can - 'cos tiddler fast becomes 'middler' and then it all starts really whizzing by.

Hope a good nights sleep sets her up for tomorrow, and keep reminding her of just how GREAT skool is - circle time... playtime... new friends... story time... ;)

L&P

BD :D

That reminds me of the little boy who had been told how long you had to go to school for.

As his mum left him at the school gate on the first day, he looked up to her with tears in his eyes and said "You will remember to come and get me when I'm sixteen"

That reminds me of the little boy who had been told how long you had to go to school for.

As his mum left him at the school gate on the first day, he looked up to her with tears in his eyes and said "You will remember to come and get me when I'm sixteen"

thats great made me laugh, needed a giggle