Sign in to follow this  
mygifts1306

Where the wild things are, a great book and movie at cinema last dec

I wondered if any of the parents here have read "where the wild things are" book for thier children, its a great story. They have made an adaptation for film and i watched it with Ds( nearly 7, As and possibly ADHD) , at his requests, he went on for week, well there were only 9 people at the cinema when i took him. It appealed to me greatly, i wondered if anyone has watched it.

No - it sounds lovely but I don't have a child young enough to take to such a film anymore - alas. :rolleyes:

K x

Edited by Kathryn

No - it sounds lovely but I don't have a child young enough to take to such a film anymore - alas. :rolleyes:

K x

It is really good for adults too....D and myself loved it. :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

The book's been around forever - I read it as a child, and have read it to my kids. Its great because the child is always the one in control, even when the wild things roar their terrible roars LOL

I didn't like the film - partly because to call yourself an adaption you really ought to do more than just copy the pictures of the monsters - there was NO attempt to follow the story of the book >:( I also thought it was very much an adults film, being marketed at kids - which seems pretty stupid to me :rolleyes:

The Gruffalo on BBC was a MUCH better adaption of a classic childrens book:)