purplehaze

floral smell when I sneeze

Hi everyone-I was just wandering if anyone knows why I have a sweet floral kind of smell just after I sneeze-it only lasts a few seconds but it's weird. xxx

PS-no I don't have flowers in the room :rolleyes:

Air freshener or pot pourri? And maybe sneezing resets your stinkometer to zero so you notice it again?

Think monkey house at the zoo - you go in and PHoaaar it stinks. Then you get used to it and don't notice it and somebosy else comes in and sayd 'Phoaaar it stinks in here' and then you notice it again because their words have reset your stinkometer...

Sweetpea scented snot?

Begonia blossom bogies?

Frangipani flob?

Nasturtium nostril?

Salvia saliva?

Stylomecon septum?

I have a similar problem when I break wind :whistle:

Amaranthus.............

:D

Hi everyone-I was just wandering if anyone knows why I have a sweet floral kind of smell just after I sneeze-it only lasts a few seconds but it's weird. xxx

PS-no I don't have flowers in the room :rolleyes:

Could it be a disturbance in the temporal lobe of the brain ?

Several years ago, my sister used to say that she could smell lavender, when there was no lavender or lavender smell. An EEG detected a disturbance in her temporal lobe.The temporal lobe amongst other things controls the olfactory (smell) sense.

Several years ago, my sister used to say that she could smell lavender, when there was no lavender or lavender smell. An EEG detected a disturbance in her temporal lobe.The temporal lobe amongst other things controls the olfactory (smell) sense.

Normally those smells are unpleasant, but that does not rule it out.

Also see Jamie Ward's work on synesthesia

http://www.syn.sussex.ac.uk/

cb

Thanks guys-it's really weird and been going on for some months but I haven't wanted to tell anyone incase they think i'm mad-but then last night I googled it and others have also had it but no one had the answer. Very interesting!!!