smiley1590

help me find previous post plz ....

need to find the post a little while ago when i mentioned about subject of gym machine and losing weight 3 stone ...... i need to know exact 13 stone .... pounds ??? as weighted myself today i am 12 stone 11 pounds ( 81. 6 kg) any help to find this post i would be grateful as lost the reciet i had with it on so im annoyed!

XKLX

yeps it was that one thanks ... i now need to know if my BMI was 32.91 i knew i weighted 13 stone but need to know how many pounds??? can anyone help with information and also if my BMI now 31.91 if i only gone down one point is this good? as i was mildly obese classed as by medical profession so now that i'm in obese caterogy is this good news? then does it go overweight then ideal weight?

XKX

yeps i jus used conversion thanks nyways for the link my start off weight was 16 stone - B.M.I - 39.9 -224 pounds then went to 13 stone B.M.I 33.3 - 182 pounds now i'm 12 stone B.M.I 32.9-168 pounds so i've worked out using BMI calculator and doin ma maths sums i have lost 56 pounds = 4 stone

i going to work towards goals of:

10 stone - BMI 25.0 - 140 pounds

ideal normal weight for my height should be 8 stone - BMI 20.0- 112 pounds

just hope fingers crossed i get there i'm on my way ......

if i do get down to 8 stone but pear shaped as one througher body measurement website if i do manage get my weight down to 8 stone will i be in clothing sized 10 -12? as i'm 12 stone and still in size 16 from 16 stone? does this mean i'll fit into an 14 soon then?

getting real worried as ain't dropping clothing sizes!

XKLX

Hiya Smiley

Clothes size is dependant not only on weight but on body shape and height and bone structure ect.

Im five foot seven and weigh ten stone and take a size 10,my sister is five foot 11 weighs around 12 stone and is in a size 14 but looks realy realy slim because shes tall and leggy i look slim but im a lot curvier than her due to being smaller in height with shorter legs.

Are you exerciseing as well as dieting.

If you want to change youre body shape ,get firmer ,tighter and build muscle which will burn more energy there by allowing you to eat more in the long run then exercise is the key combineing weights along with cardio.I go to the gym minimum of 3 times a week .Spin classes are great for burning calories....its where you sit on a stationary bike with an instructor and music playing its great realy gets the heart pumping and it is for all shapes and sizes and abilities regardless of how full on it can look...just make sure you take water youre going to need it.You meay be a pear shape but you can be a tight small firm pear thats what i like to think.

Good luck with the weight loss,dont focus in too much on actually weight go on how youre clothes feel and how you feel inside............

if i do get down to 8 stone but pear shaped as one througher body measurement website if i do manage get my weight down to 8 stone will i be in clothing sized 10 -12? as i'm 12 stone and still in size 16 from 16 stone? does this mean i'll fit into an 14 soon then?

getting real worried as ain't dropping clothing sizes!

XKLX

Hi.

If you do lots of exercise in the gym particularly ressistance training or using weights it may be that you are gaining muscle.

I am doing loads of resistance training now as well as aerobic stuff.I have lost two stone and need to loose another three.

I have found that although I have not lost much weight in the last month my shape has changed.

Muscle ways more than fat.So if you do a lot of resistance work it is possible to be a lot healthier without the obvious weight loss.

Karen.

Edited by Karen A

karens right i do a lot of weight training at the gym as well as cardio and i actually weigh more now a stone more than i used to weigh before i started at a gym but my body shape is firmer and better and im still the same size clothes i was when i weighed a stone less.

people focus in too much on weight its about being fit healthy and toned and happy.................