Tally

I Went to the Social Group!

I found a local social group for disabled adults locally, and I went for the first time last night.

I had a nice time :)

One of the volunteers took me off to play a game of pairs with a group, and they were nice. I think I will try to join in with them again next week.

When I spoke to the organiser he said I was welcome to come, but that most of the people had relatively severe disabilities, but I didn't find that mattered. Some of them asked me what I did during the day, and most of them go to day centres whilst I go to work. At the group I tried when I lived in Devon, no one else had a job, but some of the others in this group do work like newspaper rounds and leaflet delivering, and others go to college, so I didn't find that having a job made me so different to the others.

Great news Tally and that you enjoyed it and there where others there working/training too, good luck with the group really pleased it is working out for you. :thumbs: And >:D<<'> for giving it another go and trying a different area, you could of been put off going to other groups but you wasnt, goes to show if you keep looking and trying you eventually find something that suits your needs too, let us know how it goes. :thumbs:

JsMumxxx

>:D<<'>

I have also found about a number of groups from the Ramblers Association locally. I like walking, but can't manage a long drive to a walk, very long walks or hilly walks, and there seem to be a lot of hills around here!

They have some local groups based on the council boundaries, and as I live in an area where 3 local boroughs meet, any of these 3 groups has a number of shorter walks I could attend, so I am going to try all three groups out. There is also a "Young Ramblers" group for people in their 20s and 30s, though that covers the whole county and many of their walks are even further afield. I expect this is the group that will turn out best even though I won't be able to go to as many walks.

I'm still struggling a lot as a result of moving house, but life is starting to look up.

Things are going OK at work and I am being trusted with covering one of the shop managers next week. We will see what happens, they may never trust me again after next week, but I think it should be alright. There is also the possibility of some extra hours at the shop that is closer to where I live, which might mean enough money that I don't need to look for a whole new job.

I had a nice time :)

So glad you had a great time Tally - hope it becomes a regular thing for you.

Take care,

Jb x

Pleased you had fun and i hope it continues to be a fun evening for you.