smiley1590

just brought DVD from HMV called 'Adam'

i been dying to buy the new DVD called adam but wanted to shop around asda as they normally do it cheap but they havn't even heard of it staff!!! so ended up getting it from HMV even thoguh expensive i now hope it worth it money as been looking forward to watching it!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_(film)

http://www.viewlondon.co.uk/films/adam-film-video-28982.html

another film i quite interested in getting is my name is Khan as again about a man with AS my support worjer been to see it at cinema and said how good it was and how it was emotional tear jeaker film !!!

Wow, I just watched the trailer and it made me cry - but in a good way I think. It was the bit at the end where Beth is upset and Adam says he doesn't know what to do. She says, "You could give me a hug" and he says "Yes" but doesn't move until she specifically says, "Adam I want you to give me a hug". It really reminded me of conversations I have with my daughter and made me happy that I am able to help make sense of situations for her simply by modifying the words I use. It also made me sad to think of how many times a similar conversation could end in confusion and hurt feelings simply because of miscommunication and a lack of information :(.

some bits of this film i felt emotionally attached like i was watching bits of me on screen was quite touching and must be quite challenging and demanding playing a man with hidden difficulties by acting this and trying not to offend and partonise people going through this daily basis ( e.g me) and also not to insult judge /stereotype must be hard too but i think it is good more films like these are produced so more knowledge and true understanding behind NT/ AS world sometimes how confusing and frustrating it can be for whoever involved interesting to see relationship form and the challenges she faced in trying to understand his world more and reach out for him to recieve and teach him more on how NT world goes gives him more skills to adapt with i watched on my bed and cried i felt so related watching this even though a film helped me realise the effort and hard work that has to go into an AS relationship how everything has to be worked out so much harder than 'normal' one and how it quickly turn around easily like a switch and how it can effect the other person i think the ending ended short could made it more with her coming back for him i felt like they really hit a nerve and put across AS well in this plot the pressure and strain it must put under must be massive and takes huge commitment determination on both parties ......

I am actually quite disaapointed in the film, I have had it on dvd since few weeks after my birthday and I didnt like how they could interpret us individuals with an autism spectrum disorder that we cant have a relationship and can't get married this is something that needs to be change of how we are perceived because we can have relationship may have problems and yes we can get married doesnt have to put that barrier of autism spectrum disorders to stop us from having a relationship and getting married.

I watched the film by myself at home, and i thought it was good, as it would give some people and idea about some of the difficulties that people with aspergers have, things that we take for granted, like at the beggining of the film for instance, the girl who is moving in has got lots of boxes to move up, but Adam does not help, which is a gentle man thing to do, but he does not know this, the girl expected him to do it without her saying but he didnt do it. The fascination with the subject was very well done i thought, i the directness of the person was interesting as people with aspergers are about black or white for instance "is your father going to jail". On the whole i thought it was a good film with an ok ending, the happy ending would be he married beth, but we all know life is not a fairy tale. It made me cry when i thought of all the challenges my lad will have as he gets older when people are more cruel that children.