toby

aspergers holiday

hi all

so ok the title might be a bit off.

im curreently going through quite a bad spot of depression and just feeling down and rubbish. while i am not depresed enoguth to resort to drugs LOL i am after a sort of specail hgoliday that would hopefully be a stay in an aspergers hostel where i can get help and support with the problems ium currently having. i ask everyone here if they know of suck a place in the uk , i am willing to travel as i have a car and am willing to pay ofcourse i just need somewhere and soon!

thanks all for reading

toby

Hi

I'm afraid I don't know of anyone specifically, but it might be worth contacting NAS.

Best wishes.

Caroline.

I've not heard of anything like that, but it sounds like you do need some support at the moment. Your GP might be a good place to start. If paying is an option, you might find a private therapist or counsellor helpful. The NAS or Mencap might also be able to point you in the direction of some support too.

i have depression and AS and mine has been playing up recently i think same as you about AS retreat just get away from your life everything give you abit of breathing space and time to thinking through clearly i wish i could run away somewhere and not tell anyone where i'm going just go down to my auntie and uncle's for abit and stay with them in hertfordshire ...... so completely get where you coming from what ya saying it all get too suffocating overwhelming too close to home for comfort you feel can't settle or feel safe ....

XKLX

There isn't a hostel i know of, i know of somewhere that's totally unsafe for autisticsand that's a place in Wadebridge for learning disabled people.

ive organised holidays in the past and there is a short break to London organised for and by aspergers. Theres one being organised by aspievillage in London, you have to join their site in order to attend (which is free and is for autistic/aspergers only).

Theres a residential retreat organised yearly in the UK called autscape http://www.autscape.org/

Location is kept secret until 3 months in advance to prevent gatecrashing. Cost depends on if you are

having overnight accommodation or not. Anyone autistic friendly can attend this retret.

Another idea is to see if the NAS run social or other groups in your area. i find asperger contact very helpful

to my depression.

Theres a residential retreat organised yearly in the UK called autscape http://www.autscape.org/

Location is kept secret until 3 months in advance to prevent gatecrashing. Cost depends on if you are

having overnight accommodation or not. Anyone autistic friendly can attend this retret.

There is no secret about the venue. It is well known that this year's event will be held in Radstock in Somerset, near Bath :)

It does not provide the kind of support that Toby is looking for, but it might be a good place to meet other autistic adults and relax.

sorry sent a bit that holidays in my area, i tell u how to navigate if u go to this home page Dotcomunity select what area you are from with the scroll down button. then click select country- then click community services and information directory.

then u will see community services again click that and it should take u to a page that says arts, education,holidays,social,sports and transports. it is under holidays click that and there it is click where u want to go