sonj186

london museums

We are planning a trip to london during the easter hols and want to take cam to a museum, we wanted to take him to the one with the big dinosaur skeletons but i cant figure out which one that is :wacko: is it the natural history museum or the museum of london? i have looked on the web but to be honest the sites are pants :tearful: and i dont want to take him the the WRONG one :crying:

help please xx

Ditto :D Natural History Museum. It's next door to the science museum so if you want to do both (and have the energy :lol:) you could. :thumbs: Good luck surviving the museums in the holidays :wacko: rather you than me. If he's under 7 he's allowed a free explorer pack with binoculars for the day :D

The Natural History Museum has long been a favourite with both my children. Good choice - enjoy! :)

It gets busy in the holidays but it's big enough to find a quietish place to retreat to. Best to take a picnic rather than try and queue at the crowded and overpriced cafes.

K x

If you go in the school holidays, be prepared to queue to get in. Maybe take something to do whilst waiting in the line.

They search your bags, but only really a quick look, not a scanner like at an airport, but they do ask if you have any scissors etc. I know that as I had a small pair of baby nail scissors in my bag, but they were ok about those.

Hi

If you go around the side of the museum going towards the Science museum, there is another entrance, mainly for disabled as no steps but anyone can use it and never a queue.

I have never been challenged but even if I was it wouldn't be a problem as AS considered disability.

Stella x

Hello sonj 186 :)

There's a programe on BBC2 tonight at 8 o'clock called 'Museum of Life' all about the Natural History Museum. I should think that it will also be on the BBc iplayer if you miss it on the telly.

>:D<<'>

Thanks Nicky, i have just changed it over! thanks for the tip on the enterance Stella it will be great not to be stuck in a long queue!

I went there today. There was a man standing on the corner of Cromwell Road and Exhibition Road sending people both ways, he said both queues were about the same, but the one at Cromwell Road was definitely VERY BIG!! Fortunately we did not have to stand in it because we had exhibition tickets.

There was also a queue for the dinosaur hall, and part of the mammals hall (the part with the blue whale) is closed at the moment.

I thought the prices (and queues) in the restaurant were not excessive actually. Kids' meals were about £5 and adult meals were £8-£10. Obviously this would add up if you're taking a whole family, but I didn't feel they were unreasonable.