pearl

DLA renewal ....

Thanks. Despite his growing independence, JP would have no clue of how to do this - so the question of, 'should we renew' has kind of answered itself, really.

i'm doing mine at the moment, the forms seem to have changed slightly, and surprisingly seem to be a little bit easier/less based on physical issues. my only grump so far is that they dont give you enough space anywhere, so the 'any other information' bit is full and i keep losing track of what i've put where. i have no choice but to do the forms myself, my mother took one look at them and said 'you're on your own!'

good luck!

i'm doing mine at the moment, the forms seem to have changed slightly, and surprisingly seem to be a little bit easier/less based on physical issues. my only grump so far is that they dont give you enough space anywhere, so the 'any other information' bit is full and i keep losing track of what i've put where. i have no choice but to do the forms myself, my mother took one look at them and said 'you're on your own!'

good luck!

I you fill it in online, the space expands to fit the amount you want to write. You can print off a hard copy of the filled in form and post it if you dont trust sending it online. You can save a part filled in form (for 5 weeks) and go back over it and alter what you have previously written as many times as you like.

Edited by chris54

I didn't know you could do it online either. I don't think I would trust submitting in online, but I have really big handwriting, so typing it out and printing it off would be a good idea!

If you go on the government site, then look for "Benefits online". You have to open an account but once done, you can use it for all sorts of forms to do with benefits. It also keeps a record of what forms you filled in and when, but you cant see a copy of previously submitted forms so you need to save a copy on you computer or print one off.

still waiting to hear from our review, they did write to us today to say they are still deciding, overall this has been ongoing since October 13th 2009! How often do you reapply?

Online Link - and about half way down the page is the link to download the form as a fillable pdf and complete it yourself - you can save it on your computer and do bits as and when. This is the one where your text shrinks to fit as you type, although you have to be careful as it keeps shrinking and eventually gets too small to read! :wacko:

My only grump so far is that they don't give you enough space anywhere, so the 'any other information' bit is full and I keep losing track of what I've put where.

I used a separate sheet for every question I wrote extra on, even if only a few lines. Then I could title each with the question number and refer to the page number of the extra sheet in the box I should have written in. It did mean I posted them a small forest, but it was easy to know what went where.

still waiting to hear from our review, they did write to us today to say they are still deciding, overall this has been ongoing since October 13th 2009! How often do you reapply?

It varies from person to person, but JP's was last renewed when he was 16.

I did DS application online and it went through fine, you just need to send any supporting evidence then through the post but they give you the address and reference number etc. I thought it was a good system, it was the forst time I applied.

I also did mine online and it took just five weeks(first time I done it)!I didnt send anything off though they just called the school and paediatrition and they sent me a letter each time they contacted them to let me know.

Ugh!! Good luck. :wacko: The most horrible task in the world.

L's has been renewed "indefinitely" I'm hoping it really does mean that - I can't bear the thought of doing it again.

K x

mine was for 2 years because they wanted to be as awkward as possible. the renewal form arrived less than 2 months after i finished with the tribunal (that took 18 months to get to!)

the online form will be great as it means i can do it in the evenings, whearas the paper one i have to do on the kitchen table and K always wants to 'help'

I didn't know you could do it online either. I don't think I would trust submitting in online, but I have really big handwriting, so typing it out and printing it off would be a good idea!

Make sure you get confirmation and chase them up within 3 months if you submit online. My grans attendance allowance was lost despite the pc saying it had been submitted.