Sign in to follow this  
JeanneA

First day of Easter Holiday and ..

Glen has got dressed had breakfast asked for a car ride and now asked to put his pyjamas on!! here we go again. I have just said pyjamas after ride just hope he doesn't 'kick off' now!! Would you stick to your guns regarding putting pyjamas on after the ride or let him put them on before we go, please let me know before I go, thanks!!! Help!!!

I personally wouldn't want to let him get into the habit of wearing pjs at home all the time, it would make it very hard for you to get him to change in order to go out. I knew a young girl who got into the habit of, the minute she was home, changing into her swimming costume and she would only wear her swimming costume all the time she was at home. It became a massive problem, to the point where it was impossible for the parents to get her to wear proper clothes anymore and dressing her to go out became an awful battle. I would keep clothes for daytime and pjs for bedtime as much as was possible, although I know it isn't easy. Good luck. >:D<<'>

~ Mel ~

... if it's the feel of the pjs that are comfy for Glen, I'd consider buying some similar daywear clothes for him, loose cotton trousers and soft shirt or something that feels similar but can be distinguished as 'day' clothes rather than 'bed' clothes.

Hope that's helpful.

~ Mel ~

... sorry, just on my way out and wanted to ask before I went, does Glen actually want to go to bed or does he want to just wear his pjs around the house? If it was my lad, I would say, 'no, pjs are for bedtime' and if he wants to wear them it must mean he wants to go to bed. Just my opinion, of course, and might not be right for you at all.

~ Mel ~

I agree with the comments Oxgirl has made.Firstly its best to stick to your guns and say "no" I really,really can see that it is difficult for you as my son is only six but yours is 15,so I cant imagine telling a 15 yr old no.Yet you are still the parent aand as Oxgirl says what if he never takes them off!

Also I think its definatley a good idea for hime to wear more cumfy daytime clothes,even if you buy things from the "grandads" section at shops like M&S.Also maybe try to see if you can set up a time that he can change into his PJs like 4pm or 5pm.My boys put their PJs on at 4pm in Winter but from Spring they put them on at 7pm as they tend to go out between 4 and 6pm.

Have they tested his blood yet?I know you have had concerns about his health and the PJs thing may be part and parcel of that so maybe worth pushing for help!

Jeanne, i buy my son pyjamas that sort of look like everyday clothes , loose tracksuit bottoms and long sleeved cotton t-shirt so its no big deal if hes not in the mood to comply , i even forget sometimes if he's got dressed or not, pick your battles and being relaxed about it might pay off, x

I agree with others saying that PJ's are just for bed time. Can you try and find out why he does not like 'outside' clothes at home as there may be other issues. For example are these the same clothes that he wears to school and he feels that if he is not in 'outdoor' clothes you can't take him to school? Perhaps he needs play clothes, not like PG's, but clothes that he never wears to school.

I'd suggest putting his PG's in the washing machine as soon as he takes them off, and making sure there are no others available. He can't wear them if they are wet.

Jeanne, i buy my son pyjamas that sort of look like everyday clothes , loose tracksuit bottoms and long sleeved cotton t-shirt so its no big deal if hes not in the mood to comply , i even forget sometimes if he's got dressed or not, pick your battles and being relaxed about it might pay off, x

DS has great sensitivity to touch and has not worn anything except for tracksuit bottoms and t-shirts for years. Considering he used to always strip off at any given opportunity we consider tracky bums good enough. As for PJs, what are they? :photo::lol:

I think you should do all you can to get him to keep his pyjamas only for bedtimes. But now you've said he can put them on once you get home, you probably need to honour what you have said on this occasion.