Sign in to follow this  
jaffacakes

"Child in Crisis"

During the CAF yesterday this subject came up, and I was wondering what it actually meant in relation to a child in a British (English) school.

Not in relation to my son.

Many thanks

Lynn

It's a child protection term and usually means that the social care team will be considering whether to remove a child from wherever they are (temporarily) or otherwise intervene. The idea with a CAF is to prevent a family ever reaching crisis. It's supposed to be more cost-effective (cheaper!) to intervene early and offer support.

Edited by call me jaded

It's a child protection term and usually means that the social care team will be considering whether to remove a child from wherever they are (temporarily) or otherwise intervene. The idea with a CAF is to prevent a family ever reaching crisis. It's supposed to be more cost-effective (cheaper!) to intervene early and offer support.

That is not the sole purpose of the CAF it is also to get multi-agency referral,this was the case for Sam,so the school can get support this is especially if a child has no dx or in the process of getting a dx.

As I say Sam had his CAF done a few mths ago,but this phrase was never mentioned,so not sure what it means sorry.

It's a child protection term and usually means that the social care team will be considering whether to remove a child from wherever they are (temporarily) or otherwise intervene.

Thank you, that answers my question.

It's not anything to do with my family, thank goodness. And now a situation that we will not find ourselves in either.

Sorry, I can't give any further information on such a public place, anything I've been told relates to past history and nothing current.

Lynn