Sign in to follow this  
baddad

Dr who...

New Dr's quite good, enni?

Ben sat through the whole thing, whereas previous doc have seen him fidgety after about 20 minutes... dunno whether that's the change in Dr or a change in Ben, but nice either way!

:D

Oh - Ben was slightly confused during the first bit, because I said, 'well if WPC's are wearing skirts that short with pleated stockings these days I'm going out to get myself arrested!' He was very impresssed that I spotted so quickly she wasn't a real copper! :lol:

L&P

BD :D

New Dr's quite good, enni?

Ben sat through the whole thing, whereas previous doc have seen him fidgety after about 20 minutes... dunno whether that's the change in Dr or a change in Ben, but nice either way!

Oh - Ben was slightly confused during the first bit, because I said, 'well if WPC's are wearing skirts that short with pleated stockings these days I'm going out to get myself arrested!' He was very impresssed that I spotted so quickly she wasn't a real copper! :lol:

L&P

Yes he,Matt Smith,is good :thumbs: I thought he wasnt going to be as a good as David Tennant,but pleased with the first show.I wasnt able to follow the story though because my ex has taken my baby for the first night at his,so had to pack a huge bag,he is only going until tomorrow but the size of his bag one would think he is going for 2 weeks!!!First time in 19 mths I have been without him I feel quite lost(sorry to completely change the topic!)

was ok,we all felt it wasn't a great start to the series :(

Gotta admit the big plastic eye-e-ball was a bit limp, but i took that to be a bit of a nod to the old stylee Jon Pertwee years. Good script, though, and some nice touches of humour...

I thought he over did it a tad, hopefully he'll calm down into it. Agreed the eyeball was a bit lame - but thought the teeth on the prisoner was really scary.

Still in mourning for David Tennant, I'm afraid. :crying::crying::wub: - the only reason I watched Dr Who in the first place. :rolleyes:

Matt Smith looks like some overgrown Etonian schoolboy (or maybe I'm getting old..) but he was better than I expected, I have to grudgingly admit. My son thinks he's great.

The assistant is quite nice.

K x

He's too young for me! But my ten year old thought he was perfect and can see herself as a Dr's assistant. Don't think I'd be too thrilled at the stripogram element though! My eight year old thought he was 'sick' - cooler than cool.

Did you see the behind the scenes bit afterwards? The young Amy is the older one's cousin in real life.

I thought it was brilliant and matt Smith was perfect as dr who...............he was very different to david tennent but then david tennant was different to christopher eccleston.I thought the story was great and the new assistant is brill basically i love dr who.............i was dead excited at the preview of all that is to come.......daleks,cyber men.weaping angels.........cant waite for saturday ill be tuneing in............

Never mind the Doctor! What about his new assistant?!?! :whistle: She's converted me into a Doctor Who fan - never really watched it before this week. :D Excellent stuff though - cracking special effects too - fantastic in HD. :)

But "Amelia" (the child version of Amy) was the best thing about it. Best actor I've ever seen - absolute class act, and with no training!! :o

James

I love dr who me i get right excited at it all i was literally cheering when i saw the daleks and cyber men pop up.

Im into star trek too and deep space nine and star gate atlantis and stargate and stargate universe and voyeger ...........think you get the picture.............ive seen the new star trek film around 6 times so far and still cant get enough of it ............cant waite for the next film saw something on the net about it............i like star wars too........i guess im a bit of a geek when it comes to this type of thing..............Thing is i love watching films over and over againe because i like to spot everything about the film im into how stuffs directed the musical score costumes lighting the lot it can make or break stuff.................

I thought Matt Smith did an excellent job. It was a good start to the new series and I think it was a very good introduction for a new Doctor.

Zen

I thought Matt Smith did an excellent job. It was a good start to the new series and I think it was a very good introduction for a new Doctor.

Zen

i thought it was brilliant - still a bit lost after david tennent going but i was rally enjoying myself by the end of the episode :) also love the fact that there is a scot in the tardis again(well a scot that actually uses their accent haha)!

wonder how captain jack is going to react?

wonder how captain jack is going to react?

Sadly, I wouldn't count on seeing Captain Jack in Doctor Who again. Steven Moffat has made it pretty clear that this is a fresh start for The Doctor and he won't be bringing back any of the old cast. Add that to the fact that John Barrowman is appearing in the states in Desperate Housewives, and I think it is pretty conclusive. Its a shame really. There are no future plans for Torchwood yet either.

Zen

TBH I'm not gonna miss cap'n jack.... Severe Barrowman overkill these days or what? Is there nothing that man won't do to get on our TV's?

As for Torchwood - give it a year or so for the work to dry up and you'll probably get David Tennant crossing over... Now that 'The Bill' has finished there can't be that many options for mediocre actors with major typcasting associations can there? Something on ice perhaps? Or with the word 'Talent' 'Britain' or 'Factor' somewhere in the title? Hey - even better idea... how about a remake of Worzell Gummidge? He could do a Jon Pertwee!

Here's a toughie. Where do I know the new assistant from?

My son said she was in the episode of Dr Who called "Fires of Pompeii" with Donna(Katherine Tate)she was one of the soothsayers.As far as I know she hasnt been in much virtually unknown.

Now that 'The Bill' has finished there can't be that many options for mediocre actors with major typcasting associations can there? Something on ice perhaps? Or with the word 'Talent' 'Britain' or 'Factor' somewhere in the title? Hey - even better idea... how about a remake of Worzell Gummidge? He could do a Jon Pertwee!

Sorry, that cracked me up! HEHEHE

This forum needs a rep system :)

Zen

Baddad you sound so bitter have you been sucking a lemon or summet

:whistle:

Hmmmmmmmmm...................... Lem-mon..................... :lol:

No, not at all...

Just genuinely suffering from Barrowman overkill (he's on our screens even more than Richard Hammond these days) and he does have a bit of the Brian Blessed/Ainsley Harriott too-full-of-himself-for-his-own-good ness about him.

As fer Mr Tennant; he made a good doctor roo (aussie version coming soon to CBBC) but he's no Olivier, is he darlings? More Todd Carty/Dean Gaffney, ennit? :whistle: (any more evidence needed - on Kathryn Tate's xmas show he played a Scottish drunk and his accent was AWFUL... now considering he is Scottish that's gotta say something...) So Worzel might be just the ticket - it worked for Jon, why not David? And Bab's Windsor's still around to do Saucy Sal... Una's probably a bit long in the tooth now for Aunt Sally (all that slapstick, she'd probably need a hip replacement after every episode) but I'm sure they wouldn't have a problem finding a replacement... HEY - they could have a Saturday night show looking for the 'new' Sally with John Barrowman as a host and DT himself as one of the judges... They could have the Giant Slug Creature from the 1974 Dr Who episode 'starslugs on 45' as a stand in for Andrew Lloyd Webber (or if they couldn't get The Giany Slug Creature they could go with Michael Winner - nobody would ever know)... They could call it 'Sorry, You Aunt Quite What We Had In Mind' or something equally as poor... (suggestions on a postcard)...

Once they had found 'Sally' they could start shooting the series, and we could have Matt Smith 'n' Dr Roo for Sat'day nights and DT and worzel for Sunday teatime... go down luvverly with a nice cup o' tea an a slice o' cake, that would!

And yes, paula, mine would be lemon drizzle cake! :lol:

L&P

David Tennant is hardly a mediocre actor, BD - he was well respected as an actor both on stage and screen in many different roles well before DH. And as for being "no Olivier" - well he's probably better - he was already a well established Shakespearian actor and his Hamlet was highly acclaimed. I wasn't lucky enough to see it on stage but saw the TV version at Christmas and I can see why.

I agree with you about John Barrow -boy though. :sick: The less of him, the better. :)

K x

Naff off baddad

kathryn is right david Tennant does do stuff on the stage also shakespear or summat i once saw him interviewed about it hes a good actor.

paines me to admit but im kinda in agreement of barrowman he does me nutt in hes very very full on and though i did enjoy Torchwood it kinda pushed the limits of credibility how everyone met captaine jack and no matter what sex or how straight they were they always ended up going gay and snogging him by the end scene even that bloke who had a girlfreind and she went into a cyber man thing or summat and then suddenly hes lusting after jack and there at it.........it was like lets watch torchwood whos gonna turn gay this week..............

Edited by Paula

David Tennant is hardly a mediocre actor, BD - he was well respected as an actor both on stage and screen in many different roles well before DH. And as for being "no Olivier" - well he's probably better - he was already a well established Shakespearian actor and his Hamlet was highly acclaimed. I wasn't lucky enough to see it on stage but saw the TV version at Christmas and I can see why.

I agree with you about John Barrow -boy though. :sick: The less of him, the better. :)

K x

Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!

Kathryn and David sitting in a tree..... :lol:

TB fair i've never seen his Hamlet - (suit you, sir...), I only saw him in a couple of minutes of 'Casanova', some awful 'short' that they showed on c4 one night and Kathryn Tate, and he was mediocre in all of those, I thought... Better than dear old Lollie? how VERY dare you... :lol:

I still reckon he could do worse than Worzel (but could he nail the accent? :whistle: )

L&P

B - wer dip A-wer dip D wer-dip D- wer dip A wer dip D wer dip...

Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!

Kathryn and David sitting in a tree..... :lol:

TB fair i've never seen his Hamlet - (suit you, sir...), I only saw him in a couple of minutes of 'Casanova', some awful 'short' that they showed on c4 one night and Kathryn Tate, and he was mediocre in all of those, I thought... Better than dear old Lollie? how VERY dare you... :lol:

I still reckon he could do worse than Worzel (but could he nail the accent? :whistle: )

L&P

B - wer dip A-wer dip D wer-dip D- wer dip A wer dip D wer dip...

PS: Paula - just read your review of Torchwood! :notworthy: Thank you :thumbs:

'...ended up going gay and snogging him' :lol: Brilliant!

PPS; sorry, Kathryn for the repeated rather than edited post :oops:

Edited by baddad