sawjd

one to one tuition to be cut ?

Hello everyone,

I have heard that the tory governement have reviewed their education policies and one of them is to shelve one to one tuition and extra support for smaller groups.

I did check this out and went to bbc news and found that this seems the case, if you go to mumsnet or click on bbc news, let me know. Maybe i read this wrong.

I really hope its not true but it was on BBC news.

with regards

sarni

Tory policy is to slash education budgets and to "encourage" other organisations to get involved with eduvcational establishments to help fill the financial gaps. This has not changed in many decades, you can read back through manifesto after manifesto - the Conservative Party fundemental beliefs include minimal education costs to the state.

in my opinion, a tory win will adversely affect any ASD child still in education in the immediate future (it will adversely affect many non-SEN kids over time). You just have to read the teacher unions damning opinions of tory policies to realise they are not designed to improve state education. The manifesto is predominently designed to help "privately funded and controlled" schools to increase and take the place of state controlled ones.

Tory policy is to slash education budgets and to "encourage" other organisations to get involved with eduvcational establishments to help fill the financial gaps. This has not changed in many decades, you can read back through manifesto after manifesto - the Conservative Party fundemental beliefs include minimal education costs to the state.

in my opinion, a tory win will adversely affect any ASD child still in education in the immediate future (it will adversely affect many non-SEN kids over time). You just have to read the teacher unions damning opinions of tory policies to realise they are not designed to improve state education. The manifesto is predominently designed to help "privately funded and controlled" schools to increase and take the place of state controlled ones.

The end results will be almost the same regardless of whether Lib-Lab-Con wins. This country is virtually bankrupt and various sinister higher order forces are pressing for the dismantling of major public sector institutions.

I disasgree - Labour have ringfenced the schools budgets in their manifesto (although they have said they will cut the Educatioin Dept budget - I wouldn't want to be in higher education, or in the civilservice!) and the lib dems have specified that they belive in MORE one to one tuition.

As i said in another post, no matter what you agree/disagree with on other issues, imo, the tory education policy is absolutely terrifying for anyone with a child with additional needs, and is enough to make me want to keep them out of power at almost any cost!

I disasgree - Labour have ringfenced the schools budgets in their manifesto

A manifesto is NOT a legally binding document. This means there is no legal requirement for a political party to have to implement its manifesto 'commitments' in practice. A judge in a court case a few years ago made this point clear.

but the tories are stating that they WANT to cut schools budgets and 1:1 and the other two are saying the opposite. the OP asked about the tories policy - I said that either if the others are offering better policies imo. I stand by that.

but the tories are stating that they WANT to cut schools budgets and 1:1 and the other two are saying the opposite. the OP asked about the tories policy - I said that either if the others are offering better policies imo. I stand by that.

I'm not intending to influence who you vote for in any way. Expect swingeing cuts to public services after the election regardless of who wins. I'm also preparing myself for a 20% VAT rate. It all goes back to the saying 'it's the economy, stupid'.

Hello

Just wanted to thank you for your reply. I think at the moment ,of the saying 'better the devil you know than the devil you don't'. Our son has really benefited from having extra help in small groups.

best wishes

sarni

The fact is who ever becomes the government will have to make cuts every where, if they are ever going to get the deficit down. It seems to me the Tories are the only ones who actually admit this. Hard time are coming who ever gets into to power, be prepared!! oh and how many governments have actually stuck to there pre election manifesto or promises?

Edited by A and A