baddad

Twitterer...

I'm not a member of twitter, and I think brief messages saying 'I've just bought a brown granary in the bakers and it looks really nice' would bore me to tears, but the concept of short, snappy updates on people's lives seems quite an interesting one. I thought 'twitterer' because hopefully any entries (if others are interested) will have more of a 'twit' factor about them than 'I've just bought a brown granary' style messages I've heard you get on twitter...

Anyhoo, to get the ball rolling (or stop it in it's tracks if wider interset is nil)...

I've just been for my morning 'constitutional' (too much info?), and while thus enthroned read a couple of pages from #1 son's 'Harry Hill Joke Book' he'd left in there (#1 son left it, i mean, not HH who, to my knowledge, has never been in my smallest room). This little one helped ease things along :whistle:

HARRY: I've just been down on the beach eating a salad with that girl who sang 'I wish i was a Punk rocker with flowers in my hair'.

ALAN: Sandy Thom?

HARRY: Yes. And the cucumber was a bit gritty too...

:D

I've just been watching 'You Have Been Watching' (Charlie Brooker) and realised that I thought Nick Knowles and John Torode were the same person! :lol::lol:

Dunno how I thought he went from Bricky to Chef to Cookery Judge, but I guess I just hadn't put much effort into joining up the dots! :lol::rolleyes:

I had two blokes around to look at my manhole this morning (oooer missus!)... sorry... I'll start again...

Over the winter I've had repeated blocked drains, and the Housing association finally got engineers out to me this AM.

One was a West Indian guy and the other was Portuguese or Spanish... Anyhoo, nice blokes confirmed my suspicions about the drains etc, and left a report to the effect that the clay pipe appears to have collapsed due to rain and subsidence.

When they had left I had a quick shufty at the report and saw, in the space where it said 'Attending Engineers': Norbert and Juan :lol:

Now wouldn't it be even better if I found out that my auto-assumption about which one was which turned out to be wrong!

Epic fail, BD - 140 characters max. Don't think Twitter plays to your strengths :P

You counted 'em??????????? :wacko::lol:

Got to admit I hadn't factored in character counts... But this is TWITTER-ER, and the ER includes the extra characters! I think the maximum should be however many character's I used above, but that is, of course, subject to amendment without notice :whistle:

My motto - never use one word where two will do ;)

My other Motto (I have loads, you know!) - If you're going to fail, fail spectacularly*

L&P

BD :D

* couldn't spell Epicaly' 'Epickly' Epicly'Epically' ' (?)

Edited by baddad

You counted 'em??????????? :wacko::lol:

Got to admit I hadn't factored in character counts... But this is TWITTER-ER, and the ER includes the extra characters! I think the maximum should be however many character's I used above, but that is, of course, subject to amendment without notice :whistle:

My motto - never use one word where two will do ;)

L&P

No, I guessed - I thought it was odds on you couldn't possibly keep to 140 :P

And mine is, brevity is the soul of wit :P

No, I guessed - I thought it was odds on you couldn't possibly keep to 140 :P

And mine is, brevity is the soul of wit :P

Ben thinks that too... four letters will have him in fits every time. Begins with F, ends in art and dick'n'dom say it a lot ;)

But this is TWITTER-ER, and the ER includes the extra characters!

Wouldn't that be Twitter-ish? :unsure:

I don't Tweet, haven't a clue how it works or what it's about, and I'm supposed to be one of the generation obsessed with such things.

I would like to propose that all main pavements be separated into two lanes - one for normal people walking and looking where they are going and one for those who insist on walking at the same time as reading/writing on their mobile web-phone type things (probably letting the world know they're walking down Oxford Street whilst oblivious to the choas they are causing) which seems to result in them loosing all sense of direction, being unable to walk in a straight line or maintain a steady speed and to need to stop occasionally without warning, causing a pile-up behind them. :shame:

Wouldn't that be Twitter-ish? :unsure:

I don't Tweet, haven't a clue how it works or what it's about, and I'm supposed to be one of the generation obsessed with such things.

Ah - is that what it's called, tweeting?

I'm gonna print off this page and run it through the paper shredder... tomorrow I can have shredded tweet for breakfast! :whistle:

I think there should be a third lane for overtaking on pavements too... little old ladies, wimmin chattering about gurly sparkly things or looking at workmen's bum-cracks etc etc...

Talking of which, I had been a bit disappointed with 'Outnumbered' new series so far, but it got back on form last night! :thumbs::thumbs:

After watching the new John Lewis advert Sam said "John Lewis is the worst actor ever." :lol:

Edited by justine1

Talking of which, I had been a bit disappointed with 'Outnumbered' new series so far, but it got back on form last night! :thumbs::thumbs:

Agree - the tennis match was priceless. :lol: And I just love the scenarios where Karen re - enacts popular gameshows with her soft toys. :thumbs:

K x

What about those new bank adverts then? ISA ISA baby etc? I think the employees who got conned into making complete ar*es of themselves should be able to claim compensation, don't you?

Kathryn - Michael Fenton Stevens (the horrible new neighbour in the tennis match) lives in T Wells. If I see him in the butchers I'll shout 'OUT' for you :lol:

The stupidest thing I've done today (just noticed that's now 'yesterday')...

I had a bag of watercress on it's sellby, so thought I'd knock up watercress soup for lunch :eat:

Knocked it up (fnar fnar) and went to give it a blitz with the hand blender, but wasn't really concentrating when i put the head on it...

Hot soup everywhere, 'cos I had put on the whisk instead of the blender blade :rolleyes:

Twas very nice, but not worth the 3rd degree burns! :lol:

I've just been for my morning 'constitutional' (too much info?), and while thus enthroned read a couple of pages from #1 son's 'Harry Hill Joke Book' he'd left in there (#1 son left it, i mean, not HH who, to my knowledge, has never been in my smallest room). This little one helped ease things along :whistle:

HARRY: I've just been down on the beach eating a salad with that girl who sang 'I wish i was a Punk rocker with flowers in my hair'.

ALAN: Sandy Thom?

HARRY: Yes. And the cucumber was a bit gritty too...

For the record, not including emoticons, 515 characters. (No, I didn't count - I got Google to find me an on-line character counter.) "Epic fail" is an understatement! :P

Not that I care though, coz I hate the Twitter obsession, seeing as it only became fashionable after Facebook was already established, and all Twitter is is the status update bit of Facebook, as far as I'm concerned. :huh:

Now ... I'm off to Mont Blanc (500th forum post!) ...

James

Edited by Gordie

I don't really 'get' twitter or facebook, TBH. Or texting. All seems a bit daft. Hate mobile phones too - people phoning people they spoke to five minutes earlier to say 'what you been up to?' every time they get bored. That should probably be '?Uup2' or summink, which only makes it worse. No, not a technophobe. Just someone who mourns the passing of Red boxes every 500 yards (esp the occassional one that doesn't reek of urine) and a time when being out of contact was a good thing. Pet hate: when you're talking to someone on a landline and they say 'oh - hold on, my mobile's going' and start another conversation with someone else! :wallbash: & in restaurants, or at the school recital, or...... Socially acceptable ignorance - how on earth did that happen? :unsure::rolleyes:

More 'characters' than a Rover's return knees up!

L&P

My Twitter experiment is to create an account, never post and see how many followers you get. I have several (can't be bothered to find the exact number but >10), nobody I know.

I'm dealing with man-flu at the moment, so my update should be:

He says "Call me an ambulance", I say "OK, you're an ambulance"

[boom boom]

Just seen an advert and one of tomorrow's papers is giving away a Phil Collins CD......

Just thought I should warn everyone - You wouldn't want that falling unexpectedly from your Sunday Supplement and ruining the bank holiday, now would ya? :whistle: