justine1

I now get the point....

Kathryn, I didn't get this last night, I thought it was just related to the egg shape of the car. :rolleyes: I suddenly got it mid-afternoon whilst working in a silent research lab with disastrous results! :lol::oops:

I suggest you apologise to me for causing such an outburst. :P;)

What disaster?? Did you accidentally create a black hole or a fruit fly with two heads or some similar dire alteration to the universe as we know it? :o

Sincere and humble apologies. :D;):devil:

And thanks for a great laugh out loud thread - good to see you back on form. :thumbs:

K x

Trekster,I never said everyone has ASD?? In my OP I was making an observation, if you have a look back this is exactly what I have written!

You said it proved we all seem to have ASD which to me is the same thing.

I have noticed, as I am sure others have, how people come on here and say how they think various people they know have ASD, without actually having a dx and they give some of the reasons that I mentioned in my OP about my own family. As mentioned it was light hearted.

i still dont get it? Why is that funny?

I really don't think any of us would be making fun of ASD's we are all living with it (either ourselves or our children)

It seems that way to me.

I have also not given you any "filth", at the same time I cannot give an apology when I have, personally,done nothing wrong. You are also the only person complaining about the thread so what does that say to you???

i meant mumble and others replies to the post. Actually the admin mentioned "there had been a number of complaints on this thread" therefore i am only publicly complaining. i have a problem with mumble and she does with me for some reason. i have no idea whats going on or why my post on "seeing the woods for the trees was offensive to her"?

Getting back (sort of) to the OP it just occurred to me that there's an interesting 'spin' to the opneiong thread...

And just to reiterate - this is a comment about the problem of casual diagnosis and projection NOT a suggestion that everyone is on the spectrum (which anyone who's read more than a handful of my posts will know is a red rag to this particular bullock - and yes i did spell that right)...

But... using the kind of casual observation techniques and 'list of symptoms' that regularly crop up:

How many TV personalities/celebrities can you think of who you would defintely rule out as being 'somewhere on the spectrum'?

Scary, or is it just me? (by which I mean scary just how easy it is to see something that's probably not there rather than scary as evidence of 'underdiagnosis' :lol: )

L&P

BD :D

PS: Trekster, for someone who worries so much about the problem of casual diagnosis you're pretty keen on dishing out the awards yourself. You've dx'd mumble with Bo Pilar 2 and a few months ago you diagnosed me with autism I don't look there often, but on the odd occassion that I have I seem to recall you're pretty keen on confirming the suspicions of any 'newbies' who arrive(?) I saw earlier today (in this thread, maybe?) that your Mum and Dad were/are autistic. Are these 'official' dx's or your own? Sorry, if I'm being blunt, but as I said earl;ier i am getting a bit hacked off with all the posturing that's going on here, which, personally, I don't find very convincing - well at least not in the sense of being autism related anyway.

BD

Edited by baddad

Trekster I suggest if you dont like whats happening in here dont read the thread. They are only making jokes i dont see anything wrong with that i were laughing but doesnt mean i have difficulty understanding what it means, it just cheers me up given fake false diagnosis names even though i dont understand.

For heavens sake, trekster! Do us all a favour, please get off this thread if you're not enjoying it, and let others have their fun?! As I've already said to you I'm sure more than one member would be very happy to explain things to you - via PM.

K x

Dear All

This thread has now run its course and is being closed but to set the record straight I have received two complaints :-

1. Against the humour

2. Against the reaction to the humour

Please can I remind everyone that there is absolutely no requirement to continue reading threads you find incompatible with your belief, viewpoint or moral standing.

Regards

Lufty