bensmum2

SEND appeal date

DOES ANYONE KNOW IF YOU CAN GET AN APPEAL DATE BROUGHT FORWARD? i HAVE RECEIVED MY DATE FOR APPEALING PARTS 2,3 AND 4 OF THE STATEMENT AND ITS !5TH OCTOBER!!! He should be in year 10 by then and even after that there will be arrangements for admission to be made so it could be after christmas by the time he actually gets back to school, his statement is due for review in january!!! How stupid is that? Can anyone advise me please? It just goes on and on and on !!

Sorry to hear of the delay, that must be very disappointing for you. I realise that it is little consolation but our date for our appeal was 5 months after it was submitted.

Also the Tribunal doesn't work over August, so there just may not be any other dates available, but it is still worth asking though.

It's worth asking the Tribunal in writing to bring forward the date, stressing the urgency. I know that SEND have undertaken to hear all secondary transfer appeals by the end of July, so they are going to be very busy. But it's still worth a try: they should look at each case on its merits.

K x

Edited by Kathryn

Hi,

Certainly under the old system, you could ask for any cancellations (appeals get withdrawn all the time).

I would first ring SEND and ask and then it would be a case of getting the LA to see if they can do any of those dates.

Best Wishes

Grace/x

Definitely give them a call. I did so and was granted a telephone hearing to decide whether to bring forward the date. It was at that point that the LA backed down and granted our request, so we didn't need to go to SEND at all.

Good luck x