Candyfloss

Do people with as act and get confised sometimes? I seem to when in a social situation

Hi, I'm an even newer newbie than you so, forgive me if I'm being dumb but assuming you have been diagnosed, I'm not clear why you don't explore so many of your diagnostic questions with your professionals. Wouldn't they give you answers that are more informed to your specific symptoms?

For what it's worth, yes, I have a tendency to follow instructions literally but, as an adult aspie, I've taught myself around most of these situations through experience and self-learning. I only get caught out occasionally these days.

Best wishes,

Adam

Seems that way, a lot of problems ive had with others are due to misunderstanding social situations.

It is an unfortunate autistic trait.

I understand my post might have come across as rude - in which case, sorry - no offence intended. I guess it's an occupational hazard here.

Regards

Adam

Like I cant understand a simple instruction and get confused?

think about what you are finding confusing. Do you have trouble remembering the instructions or do you have difficulty understanding what is meant by them?

If you cannot easily remember them, perhaps ask for them to be repeated and say them back point by point so you are sure you have remembered them correctly.

The same for understanding, ask for them to be explained again, differently perhaps, repeat back so if you have misunderstood it gives the person giving the instructions a chance to help you understand better.

dont be afraid to ask these things, it will help you and you will feel more in control which will in turn make it easier.

think about what you are finding confusing. Do you have trouble remembering the instructions or do you have difficulty understanding what is meant by them?

If you cannot easily remember them, perhaps ask for them to be repeated and say them back point by point so you are sure you have remembered them correctly.

The same for understanding, ask for them to be explained again, differently perhaps, repeat back so if you have misunderstood it gives the person giving the instructions a chance to help you understand better.

dont be afraid to ask these things, it will help you and you will feel more in control which will in turn make it easier.

With me it depends if i know ive misunderstood something or not. Often i get angry very quickly and people dont seem to understand that and joke about the situation making me more upset as those that joke dont care.