Sign in to follow this  
matzoball

confused with my boyfriends behaviour

hi there

this may be something, it may be nothing but with me being the person i am - it's sparked me off into over analysis mode.

last night i went round to the boyfriends as i always do on a saturday night at 6 on the dot - he hadn't eaten since breakfast and decided we were going to tescos then to pick up some chinese food(which i had noooo problem with cause i love the stuff!). he's a very laidback happy guy 98 per cent of the time, so it's really noticable even for me when he's pissed off - and in his own way snapped at me a couple times. i put it down to not having eaten because i am the same when i don't eat(nasty and very irritable) and let it go. we're supposed to go to an mma thing in two weeks, so i asked him how much the tickets were - he then said he wasn't sure if he was going(after last week saying he couldn't wait to go) - i asked him if he was just saying that because he didn't want me to go and he said nothing.

so once we had eaten he was in a lot better spirits as i thought he would be - we finally got round to watching Doomsday like he wanted, but when it was my turn to pick a movie he got narky again when i didn't want to watch the road(love the film but it's too depressing to watch twice in a week). i picked alice in wonderland, he was cool with that and things seemed alright again, but my back was starting to go up about the whole night and his attitude. for once i did the right thing and kept quiet about it.

then we went to bed after it - by this point it was 4 in the morning. he wakes me up about an hour later because he can't sleep and goes downstairs - fair enough. i woke up at half 8 and went downstairs to watch tv with him - and he was sound asleep snuggled up on the couch.

now i am wondering why he didn't come back upstairs to sleep, why he was snappy with me all night, have i pissed him off in some way, is he gearing up to dump me after we get back from Berlin(we're going next week). i am trying to logically reason this through, but i just keep getting the feeling he is at the end of his tether with me and i can't stand waiting for the axe to fall.

Hi

I think maybe something is bothering him but it may not be anything to do with you.Maybe you can say how you feel or in a text or letter. Dont say anything like "are you going to dump me" just say you were/are concerned about how he was yeterday and if he can let you know whats bothering him maybe you can help.

Maybe also say that you dont want things to be awkward when you go away.

Hi

I think maybe something is bothering him but it may not be anything to do with you.Maybe you can say how you feel or in a text or letter. Dont say anything like "are you going to dump me" just say you were/are concerned about how he was yeterday and if he can let you know whats bothering him maybe you can help.

Maybe also say that you dont want things to be awkward when you go away.

Hi Justine

Did the stupid thing and just asked him straight out - he rolled his eyes and laughed. I explained after that why I came to that conclusion and he just said I think too much. Still a bit confused but I think I best just leave it and not aggravate things.

Thanks xx