Karen A

House Rules

Hi All.

I spotted a new book by ''Jodi Picoult'' called ''House Rules'' yesterday.I have not read any of her books but gather she is extremely popular with female readers who like her sort of thing. :whistle:

The main character in this book has AS.

On reading reviews this morning they appear to be full of people who knew nothing about AS who have used the book for information.

I am going to try to buy a copy today.However wonder if anyone has read it and has an opinion.

I have not been around here for a while so apologise if the topic has been and gone already.I could not find it anywhere when I did a quick search. :P

Karen.

I read that book about 6 weeks ago and I thought it was fantastic. I read it in just over a day as I couldn't stop reading it. Although it's a fictitious book it does give an insight into the world of autism and what many of the issues are for people with autism and their families. But not just that, it's a really good read and very enjoyable all the way through. Definitely worth reading :)

I should probably add that there's not a lot of books I don't like lol so forgive me if you don't enjoy the book :)

Bought it recently, have read all of hers and particularly interested in this, specially having a son with similar age/diagnosis. will start it soon and keep you posted.

I'm a bit of a fan of Jodi Picoult, so I probably would have bought it even if it wasn't about Asperger's.

I disliked the boy in the story. I felt a bit sorry for his mum because he seems to control the whole family.

But the story was interesting and I think it does give some insight into how Asperger's can be. I won't give away the ending, but it's apparent from the start that he may not have committed the crime, and I think the book shows well how a person with Asperger's could appear guilty of something they may not have done.

I read this a few weeks ago. Ive tried reading a couple of jodi picoults books before, and have never managed to get into them. But house rules was different. I really enjoyed this book, and couldnt put it down.

I thought that name sounded familiar. I was on holiday last week and there was a copy of her book 'Songs of a Humpback Wale' lying around, which I picked up and started. Didn't get to finish it but I liked her writing. I'll look out at the library for this one.

~ Mel ~