MarieM

Work experience.

Hi, just wanted to say how proud I am of my son. He has just completed his 2 week work experience and it went really well. I know I should give him more credit but I was really surprised how well he took to it. He was in Superdrug and the staff were lovely with him, even giving him presents when he left. This is a boy who is really quite shy until he knows you but he went outside giving out leaflets to people on the street, (its a pedestrianised area) he said he enjoyed it but that some old lady told him off. We think it was a friend of my Mum's "joking" with him, but he took this in his stride too. To say I'm amazed is an understatement! I realised he'd relaxed there when one of the staff told me he was using a scanner and was talking to it and told her it was winking at him. I just told her to go with his wacky sense of humour! All in all a very successful 2 weeks. He really seems to have gained in confidence. Sorry to go on, just a proud Mum.

Edited by MarieM

Hi, just wanted to say how proud I am of my son. He has just completed his 2 week work experience and it went really well. I know I should give him more credit but I was really surprised how well he took to it. He was in Superdrug and the staff were lovely with him, even giving him presents when he left. This is a boy who is really quite shy until he knows you but he went outside giving out leaflets to people on the street, (its a pedestrianised area) he said he enjoyed it but that some old lady told him off. We think it was a friend of my Mum's "joking" with him, but he took this in his stride too. To say I'm amazed is an understatement! I realised he'd relaxed there when one of the staff told me he was using a scanner and was talking to it and told her it was winking at him. I just told her to go with his wacky sense of humour! All in all a very successful 2 weeks. He really seems to have gained in confidence. Sorry to go on, just a proud Mum.

Wow, great stuff! Sounds like he got a lot out of it, too, besides just the WE iykwim. If it's very local, maybe they would be a good option for weekend work when he's old enough/ready? They're just the kind of place that uses Saturday staff etc to boost the weekend roster.

Glad it all went so well.

L&P

BD :D

Well done your son, and i hope it leads to something more in the future.

I'm glad it went well :)

Standing out in the street giving out leaflets is something that I would have found really hard. It's brilliant that your son felt able to give it a try, and I bet he got a real boost from managing it.

Nice one, i would be chuffed by his achievement as well.

awwww thats BRILL! :thumbs: Dont reckon I'd have the guts to give out leaflets on the street! so to your son,

a very very WELL DONE! :thumbs: