Sign in to follow this  
melii

hi im new

hello, im new to this. i have a 6 year old boy with hfa and im looking for help on schools in milton keynes and how to manage his ager.

hello, im new to this. i have a 6 year old boy with hfa and im looking for help on schools in milton keynes and how to manage his ager.

Hi

I am in Leighton Buzzard not far from you.There is a great school,I actually would love my son to go but we out of county so a little more difficult than for you,its called The Walnuts school,its ASD/aspergers specific from age4-19.It has residential option when they are in the senior part of the school.

He needs a statement of special needs to go there though.There are a few mainstream that have ASD units as well,forget the names will have a look and get back to you,again he needs a statement.

This group is fantastic lots of great advice :thumbs:

Hi

I am in Leighton Buzzard not far from you.There is a great school,I actually would love my son to go but we out of county so a little more difficult than for you,its called The Walnuts school,its ASD/aspergers specific from age4-19.It has residential option when they are in the senior part of the school.

He needs a statement of special needs to go there though.There are a few mainstream that have ASD units as well,forget the names will have a look and get back to you,again he needs a statement.

This group is fantastic lots of great advice :thumbs:

thank you, we are going to view the walnuts on friday, and 5 others in the week. our school has said there is no place for our little man in sept so have 3 weeks to find new school, like life isnt hard already.

thaks again

thank you, we are going to view the walnuts on friday, and 5 others in the week. our school has said there is no place for our little man in sept so have 3 weeks to find new school, like life isnt hard already.

thaks again

your other post on anger makes more sence now, why do you have to find another schoo?

You can contact NAS who will help you find apropriate schools, even if it independant, you can appeal to send if the LEA refuse.

I would defo contact NAS to see what education is near you, if you would look into residential then you can look further afield to out of county schools.

IPSEA and NEtwork 81, contact a family are all organisations that can give you information on SEN and statementing process.

JsMumx