Sign in to follow this  
Shaunsmum

Something to make you smile

I was looking at a text book on child care, I was reading the chapter on 'Special Needs'. My middle son asked what I was reading and I told him I was reading about Special needs. My 6 year Autistic son asked me 'Mum do I have special needs', my heart was in my mouth, really wasn't expecting this question as early as this. I answered truthfully and said yes you are Autistic, he then said ' yes I am, I'm fantastic'. My answer? 'Yes you are'.

It certainly made me smile and my family. Hope it makes you smile too

Anne-Marie xxx

That is great :thumbs: I think it is good to be honest even if he doesnt fully understand.My son is six and I told him when he got his diagnosis,because he knew we were going to the paediatrician and wanted to know why he had to do all the activities and why went there etc.

As he gets older I can tell him more.

ooooorrrrrr that is looooovvverrrly, so cute, bless him, and his answer was way better than yours, FANTASTIC, brilliant, you could'nt of got a better reply from him, A Star for your son.

I think it is important that they do understand there needs from an early age, it helps them comes to terms with their differences and be more comfortable with who they are, so I agree too, your son certainly feels very proud of himself.

Welldone :thumbs:

JsMumx

Edited by JsMum