Candyfloss

I have aspergers - am i half male? cause i talk in a very serious way - and just dont have that natural fun in? me?

i would say no, im into some so called girly things (like fashion, embroidery and hairstyles) and some so called boys things like computers, star trek, liverpool fc.

Talking in a serious way and having a very serious personality are not typical male traits as far as I know.

Some people have talked about Asperger's being an "extreme male brain," but this is only a theory. EVen if it is true, thinking in a way that is typical of a male does not mean you are male in any way.

I'd say taking everything seriously is more a female trait, men seem to be much more into a laugh and joke. Most of us are just big kids after all! :P

Anthony

Edited by A and A

Simon Baron-Cohen has a theory that Autism represents 'extreme maleness'. Not in a testosterone-fueled macho way but in the sense that men are in general better at what he calls 'sytemising' and women are better at emotions, and the theory goes that many people with autism can do 'sytemising' to an exceptional extent while barely being able to do the emotional stuff at all.

This refers to patterns of behaviour. There is no suggestion that women with Autism are biologically less female than other women.

Simon

Simon Baron-Cohen has a theory that Autism represents 'extreme maleness'. Not in a testosterone-fueled macho way but in the sense that men are in general better at what he calls 'sytemising' and women are better at emotions, and the theory goes that many people with autism can do 'sytemising' to an exceptional extent while barely being able to do the emotional stuff at all.

This refers to patterns of behaviour. There is no suggestion that women with Autism are biologically less female than other women.

Simon

i was going to bring this up but was worried it might upset people.