Sign in to follow this  
sesley

Toy Story 3

Off to see that today in 3 D.He has been looking forward to this since it was shown to be coming back last year. >:D<<'> He wants :pepsi: and some chocolate treats.Tell you all about it when get back. :)

Edited by sesley

:clap: :clap: :clap: I can't wait to see this, really looking forward to it. I watched Toy Story 2 a few days ago in preparation; I'd forgotten how fantastic it was. :thumbs: Hope I get chocolate too!! :eat1::lol:

:clap::clap::clap: all good.had the pepsi, not the chocolate never mind. he sat and watched and enjoyed and insisted on watching the credits go up,thats all right it was busy anyway, so needed to queue to get out,he even queued,without getting too fed up,for the ticket and going in. it was a long queue he had time to the use the toilet before we went in.put on the 3 d glasses and what brilliant compainion he was. He at 10 has come on so much with social behaviour and its great that we don't have to wait for the DVD to come out,because he couldn't up to 2 years ago but he can and is getting much better at sitting for plus amount of minutes and he was able to completely follow the whole social and spoken story,without getting to frustrated. :wub::wub::wub:

I took Shaun today too but we had the opposite from you, he didn't enjoy the film (we seen it in 2D as he wont wear the glasses), he continually asked through the film to go home, twice he asked to go to the toilet and also said at one stage he had to go wash his hands (which is normally a fight to get him to do), I had to keep telling him that there was only 5 mins left, thankfully he doesn't have any sense of time YET lol. He went to see Shrek yesterday so don't know if it was the film or if he was just fed up with being there yesterday or not. I thought it was a bit scary for young kids at some stages of it and I thought it was sad at the end, nearly started crying lol.

Glad you had a great time at the cinema xxx

Niamh has wanted to watch this since she first heard about it - over a year ago! We (even my hubby who normally hates the cinema) are going to take them in a couple of weeks time as I never take her in the first week of a film opening as it's just too busy for her plus we are moving house in a week.

I took her and her brother and sister to see Shrek 4 a couple of weekends ago and we got there nice and early so it wasn't too full when we wnet into the cinema. Niamh loved it, although I didn't think it was as funny as the other Shreks.

Glad Shaun enjoyed it!

I took Shaun today too but we had the opposite from you, he didn't enjoy the film (we seen it in 2D as he wont wear the glasses), he continually asked through the film to go home, twice he asked to go to the toilet and also said at one stage he had to go wash his hands (which is normally a fight to get him to do), I had to keep telling him that there was only 5 mins left, thankfully he doesn't have any sense of time YET lol. He went to see Shrek yesterday so don't know if it was the film or if he was just fed up with being there yesterday or not. I thought it was a bit scary for young kids at some stages of it and I thought it was sad at the end, nearly started crying lol.

Glad you had a great time at the cinema xxx

The cinema can be a very stressful and sensory overload enviroment, I have some questions and also some ideas about going to the cinema and his behaviour in the actual cinema.

Did you give your son a warning before he was going, was it included in his daily day routine, written in his calander ect....

When in the cinema he wanted to go home, Was there anything in particular that he needed at home?

When J becomes restless in cinemas he uses the toilet as a way to escape the dark, noisy, crowded place, the tiolet is a good indecator he is stressed, when your stressed you need to urinate more.

It could be his way of escaping, so in cases like these we have time out of the whole building, where he can access freshair and not so busy.

The washing hands could be also a control/anxiety thing too, so he is using some self control techneques already.

Was the sound too loud, the cinema too dark, maybe these where factors that where not so with shrek, different films have different soundeffects, lightings ect...

there are around the country Autism friendly cinemas, that have mild lighter on, the sounds not as loud and the children are allowed to move around and leave and come back as often as they like. so do look into these sessions too.

Your son could of been showing high levels of anxieties, when humans are anxious our sences enhance, everything is more sensitive, children with Autism/ASD have enhanced sensory so anxiety on top it really will be very uncomfortable.

I would defo give him more opportunities to have time out when he is finding it stressful, give plenty of warnings before going.

I cant wait to see Toy Story 3, Its like a whole new generation of little kids getting into it all again, J is 13 now and 10 years ago I remember him always wearing his buzz light year outfit, that seems like yesterday, but already it Toy story 3 out, I cant believe it, but tomorrow he has his eyes on KARATE KID another oldie one thats regenerated, plus A TEAM there is going to be a fair few more trips to the cinema.

JsMumx

Edited by JsMum

Saw this today and enjoyed it - the old Pixar magic is back. :thumbs: Bit scary for little ones I thought, and quite a poignant ending. A lot of good stuff for adults to enjoy - loved Ken and Barbie.

K x

I saw this the other evening and really enjoyed it. I was very attached to my toys as a kid and thought my soft toys were alive (I used to think they moved about as I slept and that they might attack me, but in daylight hours I wasn't scared of them). I still have most of my toys in the loft as I hate to part with anything. I still have lots of toys, action figures and toy cars.

We finally got to see this today (the 2D version)- we moved house at the end of July and we never take Niamh in the first week or so after a film comes out as it's just too busy for her. It was perfect as there was only about 4 or 5 other families in there and we were not sat near any of them so Niamh could bounce and head-roll without disturbing anybody.

We all thoroughy enjoyed it - esp Niamh who reminded me last night she has been waiting about 730 days to watch it since she first heard they were making it.

All three kiddies were fab and they were glued to it - it is just as good as the first two.