Candyfloss

Why did my mum(when she thought i was asleep this morning) 'say look at it'?

and before that she said - looks like (my name) is out of the count this morning

then - look at it - then went downstaris

and before that(she said those things to me and said hi to my sister and i heard them whispering to eachother ( they are going to the cinema - they dont want me to come) - what do you think of all of this?

she didnt laugh or anything afterwards

and they whisper quite a bit to eachother

It depends what tone of voice she used, bt generally a parent who says `"look at it" about their sleeping child is saying "wow, aren't they cute and beautiful when they are relaxed and sleeping", sometimes when referring to a teenager, then"look at it"might mean "wow, look, they are still asleep at this time/with all this noise, how do they manage it?" either way, it is almost certainly saying something nice about you!

Edited by KezT

and before that she said - looks like (my name) is out of the count this morning

then - look at it - then went downstaris

and before that(she said those things to me and said hi to my sister and i heard them whispering to eachother ( they are going to the cinema - they dont want me to come) - what do you think of all of this?

she didnt laugh or anything afterwards

and they whisper quite a bit to eachother

The best person to ask is your mum, as she was the one who said it.

You could say," by the way mum, "I wasn't out for the count this morning", but what did you mean by saying, " look at it" If she gets flustered or embarrassed then it might be a deroggatory term. It might also be typical of the sort of banter that goes on in families and might have been motivated by humour alone.

I might say the same thing about my sister,who won't go to bed but chooses to sleep/sprawl across the sofa without ever going to bed ! This behaviour is very antisocial because every time she turns she lets out these grunts and we as a family have to listen to it esp. my elderly dad who is there all the time and can't really get away from it.

Regarding the exclusion from the cinema outing. Let them know that you overheard it. Say" I overheard you saying that you were going to the cinema, can I come ?"

If they are not happy about it ask them why and ask them to be honest, but be prepared for an upsetting answer. It might be that you have some behaviour pattern that they might tolerate at home but would find embarrassing amongst people who don't kinow you too well and who might not understand your condition.

Using my sister as an example. When we go out to eat, we find her table manners to be appalling. She talks with her mouth wide open, makes slurpy noises and gets curry all over her face. No exaggeration ! We try and place her where no other diners will see her but we are not always successful as she sometimes insists in sitting in a certain chair. She will also dominate the conversation, will insist she is right and will interrupt constantly. These behaviours can be very wearing at times.

What I am trying to say here, is that there might be a similar problem. If you know what the problem is you should then try and take there feelings into consideration by changing, as you may go on to be continually excluded.

Living in the real world there has to be give and take, regardless of disability. I am not saying that we should all behave like NT people but there comes a point where our behaviour does impact on others. I don't care how often my sister takes a bath/shower but I do care if I have to put up with an unpleasant smell.

I hope you you can see where I am coming from. I might sound hard but it's what I feel is my honest opinion and I hope you get this problem resolved as soon as possible and enjoy a quality life with your family.