Sign in to follow this  
justine1

Possibly moving home

Hi

I do apologise as I believe this has been asked before.I am now seriously thinking of moving,most likely before/during christmas holidays.Sam will be getting his statement finalised shortly,the draft came through last week.What will happen when I move,it will be a different county? I would like him to attend an ASD unit like where he is at the moment,though I dont even know of any there.I do know they have two special schools which both have ASD units within the schools,just now sure its for him at this time and neither is mainstream.

I did contact the SEN manager in the county a few months ago when I was going to move but he wasnt helpful at all,mainly because I wasnt officially living there yet.This doesnt help as I need to know before I make such a step.

Anyone got any advice? Thank you.

Hi

I do apologise as I believe this has been asked before.I am now seriously thinking of moving,most likely before/during christmas holidays.Sam will be getting his statement finalised shortly,the draft came through last week.What will happen when I move,it will be a different county? I would like him to attend an ASD unit like where he is at the moment,though I dont even know of any there.I do know they have two special schools which both have ASD units within the schools,just now sure its for him at this time and neither is mainstream.

I did contact the SEN manager in the county a few months ago when I was going to move but he wasnt helpful at all,mainly because I wasnt officially living there yet.This doesnt help as I need to know before I make such a step.

Anyone got any advice? Thank you.

oops double post sorry

Justine please see my previous posts about this issue. Having had an 8 month battle with the new LEA once my step son moved I would say stay put. The stress of going between two LEAs who of course do not communicate is unblieveable. I also learnt very quickly that what is identified in one area as need is totally disregarded by another area. My step son should be in a special school and it says that explicitly in his statement. Once we moved that could not be met and he's now in mainstream primary.

I would really think hard about a move because if I had to do it again I think it would kill me.

Regards Yorks

oops double post sorry

Justine please see my previous posts about this issue. Having had an 8 month battle with the new LEA once my step son moved I would say stay put. The stress of going between two LEAs who of course do not communicate is unblieveable. I also learnt very quickly that what is identified in one area as need is totally disregarded by another area. My step son should be in a special school and it says that explicitly in his statement. Once we moved that could not be met and he's now in mainstream primary.

I would really think hard about a move because if I had to do it again I think it would kill me.

Regards Yorks

Thank you >:D<<'> I have decided to stay put.I keep getting confused thinking its better for me to be nearer family and Uni but Sam is quite lucky to be where he is and the other location does not have anything similar.He would have to go to a special school or mainstream which neither are suitable right now.

Thanks for the reply and I am sorry that things have been so hard for you :notworthy: